WTS: The 'Coin Board Hoard': 1700+ Vintage Coin Boards, Folders, and Albums coming up for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Dansco_Dude, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Dansco_Dude

Dansco_Dude Active Member

'The Coin Board Hoard' is finally happening. I'm in Green Bay, Wisconsin to sort through and prepare the sale of the world's largest collection of Coin Boards.

There are over 1700+ Coin Boards, Folders, and Albums. This hoard is a combination of David Lange and Don Kocken's personal collection of vintage coin boards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

David Lange was THE expert and pioneer in the study of coin boards. Coin boards predate folders and albums. It introduced coin collecting to the wider public because coin boards were affordable for the average family. David wrote the definitive book on coin boards, "Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s and 1940s". After he passed in 2023, his collection went to Don Kocken.

Don Kocken is a major dealer in the coin board world. He wrote the book "Collecting Vintage Coin Boards, Albums, Folders, & Holders: 1930's and Beyond." Don has passed his and David's entire collection to a caretaker whom I am helping to sell this collection.

[​IMG]

All coin boards are in protective sleeves and graded. Most boards are in exceptional condition, thanks to David and Don's amazing preservation.

It's an honor to go through and prepare the listing of some of the rarest coin boards ever made.

If you have a specific vintage board, folder, or album, or just want to stay in the loop as I get the listings prepared, please send me a dm or drop a comment. I will send over photos if you have a specific item you're looking for.

The rarest items will be listed on ebay auction while the rest will be a ebay BIN or private sale.

Spread the word, and please tag anyone who may want to check out this once in a generation offer.

I will be posting updates all day tomorrow on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6P4OUruieI/?igsh=MW56dTFyeGM1a3JlMw==

Manufacturers include:

Kent
    Lincoln
    Whitman
    Dansco
    Mally Coin Board
    Colonial Coin Holder
    Treasury of Coins
    Oberwise
    Dansco
    and many more!

charley, Joel Turner, MIGuy and 8 others like this.