The beginning

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tat2, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Tat2

Tat2 Member

All thus started when my gramps passed away. I found a wooden box with almost 300 pennys in it. 3 from 1890s. Then Lincoln cents 1930 through the present. Out of curiosity i searched to see if any of them were worth anything in the condition they are in. I started seeing a lot of coins just like what i have catching decent money at auctions. I have 83 transition that weighs 3.1- 92 wide am.- 82 large date and small- numerous dd coins- a couple off center. All of which are circulated. So are the ones selling at auction for 100s even thousands. Is any of that true? Do circulated coins sell for that much at auctions? I will add pics shortly

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

Just my opinion.. all depends on the coin as well as condiction.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

If you have a rare coin, then yeah they can sell for a...pretty penny...
    I would hesitate to believe you have anything that rare...yet. Lets see pictures first.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Every coin is different. Pick a date and post an image. Some are worth big bucks and others are worth 1 cent.

6. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Well you are talking like you have some hard to find coins, pick one and post some pics we would like to see them. IMO
    Dave

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Tat2
    The buyer that paid "100s even thousands" for a coin at auction doesn't need another one just like it. Think about it!

Chris

Tat2 likes this.
  8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If you are saying you have a 1983 cent that weighs 3.1 grams, yes that one would be valuable. The weight needs to be confirmed and if it does weigh that, it needs to be certified.

That is the normal cent for 1992, the rare one is the Close AM in 92.

Only rare one is the 82 D small date copper cent.

Yes, it is true, and circulated coins can sell for hundreds or even thousands. If you really have a 1983 copper cent, or a 1982 D small date copper cent they could bring that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted