The Ancients must be laughing at us!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by panzerman, Nov 29, 2018.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Any valid historian knows the ancients also took selfies.
    ACENE.jpg

Oh, and btw this is an actual original sculpture of apollo at the Louvre mueseum.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beginner345

Beginner345 Active Member

They would be just as fascinated if someone in a time machine showed up with an iPhone in their hands... Of course there was no internet back then so there wasn't much to do.

panzerman likes this.
  4. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I would be much more fascinated to go back in time, lets say Colonia (Koln) in Postumus Gallic Empire. Then make off with some freshly minted aurei:) Or better yet trade them the stupid smartphone for a bunch of aurei:):):):):):):):):):):)
    John

Numisnewbiest likes this.
  5. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Make sure it is fully-charged, and leave before they figure out what the battery symbol means. :vamp:

Orange Julius and panzerman like this.
  6. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

You know, that proves I do not own one.....never even thought about batterieso_O

7. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Hmm, you are the same age as me. :)

I miss actually talking to other human beings. I loved being at the airport or on a plane and just getting to know another random human being. Sadly, all have their heads in their phones and no longer wish to talk.......

Not to be too old man about it, but this along with social media I find as direct causes of anyone to compromise and see the other side any longer.

panzerman likes this.
  8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I'm certain this is a good part of it.

panzerman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted