the 2019 Wild Black Raspberry Pie :D

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ominus1, Aug 17, 2019.

?

i'll have a some o dat

Poll closed Aug 19, 2019.
  1. yes

21.4%
  2. not yes, but heck yes!

78.6%
  1. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

...Mo made from scratch(and i dare anyone to deny that this was made by me :p).. taste even better than it lQQKs..:D..all Cointalk Peeps are welcome fer ah helpin' :) Gregs rraspberry pie 2019 001.JPG

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

You need my address, or what?

Hot, with a scoop of vanilla...

philologus_1, spirityoda and ominus1 like this.
  4. ominus1

..your address?!..no, ya gotta come to Frostbite hollow where the pie is and get ya some :)..and maybe bring some store bought ice cream..my tub is leakin...

5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Oh Well....

Hey, we call those cobblers where we come from.

ominus1 likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Doesn't look all that great, but sounds pretty tasty.

Bet the kitchen smelled nice.

ominus1, spirityoda and Hookman like this.
  7. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I see the four lines on it and I think about my Vandal 4-nummi coin from Carthage.

Under Thrasamund, Hilderic, or Gelimer
    AE 4 Nummi
    Obv: Personification of Carthage(?) diademed, draped, bust left, holding palm branch
    Rev: Bar over N over IIII
    Mint: Carthage
    Date: 498-534 AD
    Ref: BMC Vandals 12

B8E7E93C-4415-4346-81D3-E44492F5ACFB.jpeg

Pellinore, Curtisimo, Jwt708 and 7 others like this.
  8. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I grew up in Indiana where my grandfather owned land with huge wild black raspberry entanglements. The best berries were always a few inches past easy reach and the thorns made you pay for pushing too far. Long sleeves limited the reach into tight places so we wore short sleeves and suffered. When the Army moved me to Virginia I discovered that people there ate blackberries which, as far as I was concerned, were good because they were thornless but also relatively flavorless. I would rather shed a little blood and eat the good stuff. Where I live now does not allow growing black raspberries (they like a colder winter) so it is pretty much a memory from the past. I never liked red raspberries either. I encourage those who have the opportunity to try the real thing when visiting places that grow them to do so.

Hookman, Curtisimo, ominus1 and 2 others like this.
  9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

WOW, @ominus1 ! Greg, that PIE is jest YUMMY looking! Holy cow, will be there shortly!

Ditto on Indiana and Blackberries there. Grew up farming, perhaps 30 mi from you. Lotsa sheep and cattle.

I DID find that when I moved to the Portland, OR area, berries of ALL types were incredible there!

Sheep
    RR L Rustius 76 BCE AR Den 19mm 3.6g Mars SC Rome - Ram L RVSTI Cr 389-1 Sear 320.JPG
    RR L Rustius 76 BCE AR Den 19mm 3.6g Mars SC Rome - Ram L RVSTI Cr 389-1 Sear 320

Cattle
    upload_2019-8-17_9-2-50.png
    Kolchis 5th-4th C BCE BI hemidrachm 11.5mm 1.8g Archaic female head possibly Georgian goddess Dali - Bull head border SNG Cop 98

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    chrsmat71, Curtisimo, Jwt708 and 6 others like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

I take that first clause back. It's looking increasingly nice. ;)

ominus1 likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

12. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure its a fourree, just like this one:

P1220187head2.jpg

chrsmat71, Curtisimo, Jwt708 and 4 others like this.
  13. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I'm a pie kind of guy; especially pizza pie!

ominus1 likes this.
  14. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Nice pie there. I'd like two scoops of vanilla ice cream with that!!!

ominus1 likes this.
  15. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

I'll take a slice of that Antoninus "Pie"us!
    8F2462EC-9E91-4815-9234-D2A5B7873FDA.png
    Antoninus Pius (138-161 AD). AR Denarius (18 mm, 3.39 g), Roma (Rome), 153-154 AD.
    Obv. ANTONINVS AVG PIVS P P TR P XVII, laureate head right.
    Rev. COS IIII, Vesta standing holding simpulum and Palladium.
    RIC III, 229b.
    Nicely toned

Curtisimo, Bing, ominus1 and 2 others like this.
  16. tenbobbit

tenbobbit Well-Known Member

Never heard of Black Raspberries, just Blackberry or Raspberry o_O

ominus1 likes this.
  17. ominus1

...it's a well kept secret..:)..they were here at my place when i moved 20 years ago and i'd never heard of eating them till last year...wish i'd known sooner black raspberrys.jpg

18. Puckles

Puckles Cat Whisperer

I've never heard of black raspberries being available in my neck of the woods but I do so like a good feed of boysenberries and boysenberry ice cream. Bring on summer!
    [​IMG]

ominus1 and chrsmat71 like this.
  19. wxcoin

When I 1280px-Raspberry_Pi_4_Model_B_-_Side.jpg saw the post title I thought of this first.

ominus1 and -jeffB like this.
  20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yep, I did a double-take, too. "What's this black edition business?"

I remember trying to run through a list of all the "berries" I knew of that were good to eat. Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries -- but I didn't know what black raspberries were, nor boysenberries, nor huckleberries.

And then there were mulberries. I didn't have any associations with those, although my parents lived on Mulberry Street when they were first married (To Think That It Happened!).

But then my kids went to a school that had mulberry trees growing next to the playground, and my brother and his wife moved to a house with a huge mulberry tree growing in the back yard. Now I have a fine appreciation for those berries, too.

ominus1 likes this.
  21. wxcoin

What I found out quickly was that blackberries were much seedier than black raspberries. After I bought 100 acres of mixed rangeland and woodland in south central Oklahoma I quickly discovered many acres of blackberries. Me and my ex picked several five gallon buckets of blackberries which made fine jelly. However, they were too seedy for anything else.

Alegandron and ominus1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted