The 1995-W Silver Eagle Thread.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BNB Analytics, Oct 4, 2009.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Fine, now I need to track down a 2009 Carr ASE. As if I needed another piece on my want list. I want one of his BuffNicks too.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

There are D Cams, and then there are superb D Cams. Some have excellent eye appeal and many have average to below average cameo devices. As is with any cameo proof, the nicer the cameo, the more it,s worth. This simple fact dictates the actual value of the coin. In the case of 95-w Silver eagles, the amount of cameo contrast can be $1,000 difference in the cost of your coin. If you plan on buying one of these jewels, be sure to get one from the upper end of the cameo spectrum, no spots or haze, no hairline scratches. and brilliant mirrored fields on both sides of the coin. Many sellers either don,t know the difference or don,t care either, but be patient and look for the best of the best grade you can afford, and you will have a perfect center piece for your ASE set.

4. Ed23

Ed23 Active Member

I started collecting ASEs in 1986 when the first one hit the market. I now have a complete set of ASE of all dates and mints, both proof and business strikes and all special mint issued sets ... including the 1995-W. The set is housed in multiple Dansco Albums, except the Anniversary Sets, which are still in the original government boxes. I've enjoyed collecting this set, but at my age I am beginning to consider the option to sell ... the key words here are "beginning to consider".

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I rarely post on the coin side and I know this is a generic question, but is the U.S. coin market soft right now ?

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Overall yes with the possible exceptions of the very top and premium monster toners

SteveInTampa likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I hope so too. Most of the folks who think this coin is over-rated are the folks that don't have one. devil.gif

8. baseball21

Isn't that generally the case? ;)

9. green18

Yup. Just like I think the Hawaiian Sesquicentennial (1928) is way over-rated. devil.gif

10. baseball21

Not as overrated as 1851 Seated Dollars which everyone should dump immediately :shame:

11. green18

I think I have a roll of those........ devil.gif

Santinidollar likes this.
  12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I took my roll to the bank and got dollar bills.

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

If the set ever gets back to 9K or so, I'm selling mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted