The 1969 crazy pennies

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Todd walker, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hello my Wonderful Friends at the One and Only CoinTalk. Can I please ask all of you coinsmart friends a question about the 1969D and 1969S penny? Is this coin still desirable to collectors and how much are they worth, please? The DD 1969 pennies. Thank you all, your beautiful company to share just a little time with. Peace my Friends

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

If you were to find a true 1969 S mint Doubled Die variety it would be worth thousands of dollars. It has to look like this..
    Click on picture to enlarge -
    US0001-1969S-Dbl-Die-obv-Lincoln-Cent-obv-lg-5702f7e85f9b581408a9f60c.jpg

If It doesn't look like the picture above then a normal circulated 1969 Cent is worth just 1 Cent.

NickJersey likes this.
  4. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hi Paddyman, thank you for your time and suggestions on this subject. But may I share something with you and our great coin freaks here? Lol. No disrespect to you all, just love to you. I've been doing the error coin thing for several yrs too. What I have learned is that you may need to use a seeing aparadis to see some of the doubling and the light we use can play an important role as well. What can you all and Mr. Paddyman, school me on these thoughts. Thanks again Paddyman. Your kindness will flow through me forever too. Peace my Friend

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

But.. you need to know the difference between a true Doubled Die variety and worthless doubling such as MD - Mechanical Doubling and DDD - Die Deterioration Doubling... The 1969 S Doubled Die is very well known by collectors and does not need a seeing apparatus to view it.
    Here is some information to add to your search -
    Please take time to familiarize yourself with this information..https://doubleddie.com/144801.html

Also.. Lighting will play tricks on your eyes and will not help you determine if you have a doubled die.

Peace.

6. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Thank you again Paddyman. I'm learning as I go my friend. I thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. This is what makes me want to face another day. Peoples like you that put effort and time to learn about something and is not stingy to share it with someone else. Thank you so much. Peace

Draft saved Draft deleted