The 10 world's most beautiful coins.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by juneeci, Nov 21, 2011.

1. juneeci

juneeci New Member

1-3D Coin Somalia
    Coins are three-dimensional, and can be coin of any country, to have such a coin type it in Somalia? Imagine your coins in his pocket pyramid shape, bumped your leg, feeling, really makes a beauty!

g.gif 2 Tristan - da Cunha
    Titanium with a small piece of Concorde coins
    Coin to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Concorde first flight in 2009 cast. Surface gold coin, each side with a small piece removed from the Concorde titanium, collected all the coins, you can build a mini and co-type plane.

3 Cook Islands
    Easter Island stone portrait
    These have a commemorative coin, the carved stone Easter Island is famous portraits, gilded like a giant Moai can put up to give your coin collection, adding a new perspective. Legend says, the ancient stone portrait of each, have an eternal life of the hamster wheel rotation, the energy injected to each statue.

4 Republic of Palau
    Ocean flavor of the coin - surfer
    The coin design is not only good-looking, it also has its own smell. If you are rubbing silver, you will smell the taste of the sea. Also engraved on the silver coin, "delicious" word is surfing terminology, refers to great things.

5 Cook Islands
    Commemorate the 80th anniversary of invention of television
    Coin in 2006, to commemorate the 80th anniversary of invention of television and casting, the holographic image of pure silver, the TV was delivered on behalf of the first image. The left image is the inventor of television, the British scientist 约翰洛吉贝 Stewart, right image is still troubled by TV ghost of electricity (blurred images).

6 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Blue Crystal and Silver Turtle
    The coins in denominations of £ 2, made by the British Indian Ocean Territory, is characterized in the solid coral in the blue crystal, embedded in a turtle. Some people say that the blue turtle bird quiet, in fact, live turtles.

7 Republic of Benin
    Green Money
    Green coins may generally. Republic of Benin coins issued marijuana, even though there is no "herb" effect, the coin there is a special flavor. If you want to use this opium, then you are a fool!

8 South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (South Atlantic)
    Crystal Penguin silver
    While this elegant coin, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands by the residents of casting, the coin is a central crystal penguin, penguin surrounded by a circle surrounded by silver.

9 Republic of Palau
    Pearl really
    Coins from the Republic of Palau, creative, While this is true of pure silver mounted blue freshwater pearls.

10 Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire)
    Mammoth teeth true
    Although strictly prohibit the use of ivory in the coins, but the irony is that allows the use of mammoth teeth, we may use the DNA in mammoth teeth nurture your own mammoth. So so what? Out your chemistry kit now!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Interesting that all of these coins come from places that have turned numismatics into a national business. (Philately too, but that's not really relative here).

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

The discription makes my mouth water. You need to tell us where we can obtain some of these beauty's.

Dave

5. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

6. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

8. The 3D cube shaped coins are cool. When you pay the cashier, it would be like rolling the dice. :D. TC

9. wd40

wd40 Member

Somali, or somaliland coins are interesting, I thought Somalian people are at war and having a guitar as a coin is strange, I then found out it is a different place, a country not recognized by anybody :D ..
    So they are legal tender only in that piece of land which nobody knows about.

and they are expensive if you want to buy them from ebay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland

10. cpm9ball

What do you consider expensive?

Chris

11. wd40

wd40 Member

12. cpm9ball

A Google search for me turned up a Guitar set for $48.50, but keep in mind that these are ungraded.

Chris

13. wd40

wd40 Member

This is strange, one more search, now I found the cars set for 34.99$ starting price!

The 129$ and 199$ are from a store in singapore, I know that they are always more expensive than the market.

14. cpm9ball

15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

To me there's only 4 the Candian Locomotive series. Trains are my favorite things after coins

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Non novelty ten most beautiful coins:
    For me the American Gold Double Eagle UHR and the 2009 UHR qualify as one of the most beautiful coins.

17. wd40

wd40 Member

Thanks Chris, I saved the link and added the sets to the bottom of my set want list.

18. cpm9ball

You like trains, huh? How about this French medal?

I was able to purchase this from one of my "French Connections" for a friend who also liked train themes. When he passed away, his girlfriend sent it back to me as a remembrance of my good friend, George Reynolds Brown III. Rest in peace, Rey!

Chris

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted