That's odd.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Curious Coin, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Curious Coin

Curious Coin Active Member

20180820_131951.jpg IPC_2018-08-19.19.36.50.9680.jpg Sry abt that. I had uploading issues.

It took me a minute to figure out why this coins portrait looked odd. It finally revealed the reason under a certain angle of lighting.

The reverse 2 overlapping the lower left portion of the W is what initially caught my attention with this coin only to notice this oddity.

I don't believe this was a mint issue given the reverse 2 from the date is legible meaning this was struck in some way by a Lincoln cent that was at the least 4 years older.

Just wanted to share this with everyone and to see if there were any thoughts.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Idries Pappas

Idries Pappas Well-Known Member

your photos aren't working for me, maybe because of my computer.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Mine neither. So.... yes, really odd.

Idries Pappas likes this.
  5. Curious Coin

Sorry about that, it was an issue on my end. I have fixed the problem.

6. Curious Coin

I have resolved the issue with the images.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Since the Lincoln image is backward and incuse, that makes this a vise squeeze job. Some find the hard work of finding errors so tedious (including me) that they resort to MAKING them (not including me).

JCro57, Lawtoad and Curious Coin like this.
  8. Idries Pappas

Idries Pappas Well-Known Member

9. Curious Coin

I've come across several lettering defacements that have a passable appearance only to show indent markings from the implement used under magnification.
    Even as tedious and unrewarding as it may be at times it's sad really that people soil the hobby.

Draft saved Draft deleted