Thanks for sharing your experience and expertise!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1stSgt22, Dec 30, 2020.

1. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

I just read another thread where an inexperienced person wants to argue about what there coin is. Other members here have tried to tell him the truth about his coin but he just won't believe them. This is not the first thread I've seen like this! Unbelievable!!! I have been collecting for several years but never really had anyone to teach me the ropes. So I want to thank all of you who are trying to help new comers like me learn about and understand coins! Just wanted to let you know someone out here appreciates your efforts!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Hello Top! I been collecting coins for almost fifty years. I can honestly say that I have learned more in my couple of years here on Coin Talk than I have all the previous years. There are some brilliant numismatic minds posting here. Makes me feel rather humbled most days. What do you like to collect?

Dimedude2, Inspector43 and SchwaVB57 like this.
  4. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Hi Randy I mostly collect U.S. coins, although I do have a fair number of foreign coins. Nothing of any real value but fun to look at! Working on a complete set of wheaties! I also try to collect one of every year/mint mark of modern pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. It's the hunt that motivates me not the value! Do a lot of roll hunting in my efforts! My local bank helps keep me in rolls to search. Great people helping an old goat pass the time! LOL

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Welcome @1stSgt22 !! Nice bass by the way , what's he weigh ?

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Didn't have my scale with me that day! It was in my boat about 20 yards away! LOL Didn't want to keep it out of the water long enough to get the scale! My guess is an easy 6LB.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

If my grandson had caught it I can guarantee it would be on the wall with a 10# label!

Inspector43 likes this.
  8. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Put my first 5 pounder on the wall. Everything else is still swimming as far as I know! Would put a 10 pounder on the wall (FAKE) if I had ever caught one!

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Ya know what Randy, a wise man told me something, two things in fact, about the same time I started collecting coins in 1960. He said that is you aren't making mistakes now n then it's only because you aren't doing anything! He also said that if you aren't learning something every day, it's also because you aren't doing anything ;)

And by the way, that applies to fishin too :)

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I hear ya! I don't know whether those people were dropped on their heads when they were born or if they just can't give up the meth.

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. jamor1960

jamor1960 The More I learn, the Less I know....

Welcome 1stSgt22!!
    Being someone who has been collecting since the late 60's. but who just recently got serious about it and joined CT. I'm also here to learn and I completely agree with you about the people who think they know more than the experts here and get rude when they aren't told hat they want to be told. It drives me nuts to read some of the threads, but I do and guess what? I usually learn something from all of them!! Jim

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

I vote for dropped on their head while using meth. Can't be caused by just one act! LOL

jamor1960 and Inspector43 like this.
  13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

ROFLMAO 1.gif ROFLMAO 1.gif ROFLMAO 1.gif ROFLMAO 1.gif ROFLMAO 1.gif
    BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE.jpg

14. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I fully agree with the others. I had been a serious collector for over 70 years when I got connected with Coin Talk. And, I learned more here in 2 years than in all the 70 years prior.

Here is our second oldest daughter with a fish from our lake. And a picture of our lake at sunset.

IMG_5954.JPG Sunset No 1.jpg

15. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Nice channel cat and beautiful pic of lake!

16. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Thanks. We like it out here. The lake has nice catfish and bass. Welcome aboard. Someone is always around CT to help.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  17. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

There are outstanding participants who I have learned from and discussed with.

Draft saved Draft deleted