Thailand Proof Coins Returned from NGC Today

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by keemao, Jun 24, 2014.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

These are the two proof Thailand coins I brought home with me from my trip at the end of April. Pretty happy with the PF70. Both coins are the only ones graded so far by NGC so I have the two top pops for these coins...for now. You can see all the other coins I got back in the Gallery!! 2012 120TH ANNIV PRINCE MAHIDOL.jpg 2012 120TH ANNIV PRINCE MAHIDOL R.jpg 2011 84TH ANNIV KING BHUMIBOL.jpg 2011 84TH ANNIV KING BHUMIBOL R.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I collect some Thailand coins. mostly older. have not seen these. :blackalien:

4. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

I'm holding out for a proof-71 example. But seriously, a couple nice coins there.

5. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Thanks. I picked them up from an old well known coin dealer in Bangkok. I was told to deal with nobody else but him from the guy who does money auctions in Bangkok 2-3 times a year. I already had the guy's shop on my list to start with. He had some other proof coins that I didn't buy because in my eyes they were not "pristine" and would not have even had a chance at PF70. This was my first PF70 Thai coin so far. You just don't find them at coin shows, unfortunately, and have to find them in Bangkok. I plan on going back over late November for the auction at that time and will be buying whatever proof silver coins they have at the government savings bank building next to the mint in Pathumthani. They have an awesome museum at the mint that has lots of old Thai coins on the second floor of the mint. Only problem is the govt. savings bank next to the mint, you have to order the proof coins in advance and pick them up about 3 days later. It's a good taxi ride from Bangkok and I have no clue what proof coins they have until I see them.

Draft saved Draft deleted