Testing new camera on new Ebay buy

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by some-willie.willieWANT, Jan 21, 2020.

1. some-willie.willieWANT

some-willie.willieWANT Active Member

Acid free white, how thick should the paper be?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

20 pound white acid free, easy to find. 24 pound will work fine as well, but it is a bit thicker.
    Gary in Washington

4. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Edit

5. bruthajoe

It should be opaque, just to diffuse the light ? Correct?

6. bruthajoe

I've gotten spectacular ability to control my image temperature with this modification. Although my scope is different and required a different approach. I believe there is some "auto temperature correction" at work here trying to compensate for the blue LEDs. I painted the inside of a plastic tube white and slipped it over the end of the scope. By extending my tube down I'm able to reflect blue light back into the camera and trick it into over-compensating for the blue light and giving me a warmer temperature. adjusting the brightness of the LEDs gives me control of how much blue light is reflected back into the lens. Notice in the third picture with the LEDs on high more blue light is reflecting back into the camera causing the image to become warmer. I can get it as red as I like...

Attached Files:

GSDykes likes this.
  7. some-willie.willieWANT

I grabbed the wrong paper

bruthajoe likes this.
  8. GSDykes

Just plain ol white typing or printing paper. opaque.
    Gary in Washington

9. some-willie.willieWANT

By chance can you tell me the brand and model of your camera? And maybe tell me the price range?

10. some-willie.willieWANT

I've tried dang near everything I can think of and I'm not seeing the results you guys are

11. some-willie.willieWANT

I even grabbed everything from receipts to printer paper once you said my pics didn't show results, I'd like to get a better camera with higher mgp's and one that could actually get a full pick of the coun, the current one I have can only put half a cent in the picture

12. GSDykes

Mine is an older USB, newer ones supposedly go up to 1500x, and 5 megapixels. Mine is 2 MP, and 300x. I am happy with it as modified. They are not too expensive. Be sure to get a stand as well. My stand was bought separately. Mine simply plugs into my computer's USB port. It has software for editing and viewing. Both models come with an installation CD. Works on Win XP on up. See 2nd image below for a real bargain!!

upload_2020-1-26_3-38-6.png

upload_2020-1-26_3-46-22.png

this one looks fine for $16.99 from www.Banggood.com , w/stand!!
    Gary in Washington

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  13. some-willie.willieWANT

So far the only difference other than age, and mine having a built in screen is min has a black metal cone inside the plastic cover, here's a picture, I took mine apart last night but I am not comfortable taking it apart any further. But here's that picture so you can see what I'm saying

14. GSDykes

PICTURE?

15. some-willie.willieWANT

I'm sure this cone around my camera is the problem I'm having

Attached Files:

16. some-willie.willieWANT

Just got it for you

17. some-willie.willieWANT

I just added that one to my cart! It seems to be the best deal and close to yours but 5 mgp instead of 2.6

18. GSDykes

Yeah your model is somewhat different than mine. However, try to find a way to shield the lens (cone) from the surrounding LED's. It may not be practical with that cone shape. Do you have photo editing software so as to adjust "levels" or color?
    Gary in Washington

19. GSDykes

ENJOY, and be sure to share your results. By the way your birthday is the same as mine. 24 are you now? What coins do you collect (or currency)?
    Gary in Washington

20. some-willie.willieWANT

I don't have editing software for the one I have, I think I'll resale this one and buy the one that is close to yours, I actually have it saved already, but thank you guys for your help. I will update soon!

21. GSDykes

Photoscape works fairly well, even has features not found in $700.00 Photoshop. Photoscape is free, and can run on both Mac and Windows, Read this and download from this link:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Gary in Washington

Draft saved Draft deleted