Terrible yesterday

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Zorrbabe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

$1500 Not any proof no silver it was like a really bad half dollar coin Day
    Some days have been good with seven or eight of them. I have sold
    LCompletely sealed untouched rolls on eBay but I haven’t gotten any feedback from Tammy that they didn’t do very well either which makes me sad I was hoping somebody would get silver. I was throwing a couple extra Bicentennial thinking like that they to to enjoy I swear Nobody knows what They are where I am from. I’m like shocked

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I for one, have no idea what you are talking about.

4. Zorrbabe

Sorry I got three boxes of $.50 Rolls it would be really bad coin roll hunt

spirityoda and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I still don't know what your talking about . :confused:

John Burgess and Beefer518 like this.
  7. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

Bad coin roll searching in the purchase that she made.

medoraman likes this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Maybe the coin rolling companies have found a way to separate the silver ones from the non-silver ones? Jim

Mkm5, John Burgess and SensibleSal66 like this.
  9. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

She got skunked by 3 x $500 boxes of halves is the bottom line....

Nothing, Zip, Zilch, Nada... Gotta hate that :(

And she sold some rolls on FeeBay and those buyers also got skunked...

Bad karma day it seems...

Start afresh tomorrow :cool:

10. furryfrog02

[​IMG]

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Selling those bank rolls on FleaBay will only end up getting you bad karma. Most people can go to the bank themselves, but COVID is keeping some of them away.

Do you really want to risk your reputation for a few measly bucks?

12. furryfrog02

I feel like you would need to sell them for a pretty hefty mark up over face to make a profit after ebay/paypal take their cut. Am I right? I've never sold anything on ebay before.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Interesting observation in dealing with banks regarding CRH in general, half dollars and comments made in groups where they actively seek halves:

1. Not all banks will give out halves, so people have to resort to FeeBay. (Try telling them to go to another bank and they come back with "I don't have an account with the others and they won't allow me to order unless I do")

2. This side of The Mississippi the rolls I've searched have a preponderance of Denver Mint Marks, I've heard through people on the 'other' side that they hardly see a Denver in their rolls. Once again necessitating FeeBay or knowing a person on the right side of The River to be able to have a chance to get the coins you want.

Personally I've sold a lot to people around the country and they may not have received silver, but they received what they purchased and I've managed to maintain my 100% positive feedback.

Edit: "Most people CAN go to the bank", but my experience has been that most people DON'T, unless they are dedicated CRH's or Hard core collectors etc.

Back in Aussie I sold a lot of Coca Cola Collectibles on FeeBay, I had a guy buy a Limited Edition Football team can off me for $10 that he could have bought from the store that was less than a mile from his house for 38 cents. I even stated in the description that you could get the cans at this particular supermarket chain... Go figure

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Roman Collector likes this.
  14. Millard

Millard Coindog

shame you didn't at least get a NIFC or otherwise nice clad.

15. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

OP doesn't specify if they looked for that... or know what it is.

16. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

all about the silver i guess

17. furryfrog02

TBF, I only keep NIFCs if they are ones I don't have for my folder. I used to keep them all but when I amassed almost $500 F/V I decided it was time to release them back into circulation.

18. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

ebay sellers stick a 40% or a 90% in some rolls so the customers will find SOMETHING in their purchases. maybe not every time, but the idea is that it takes money to make money and your buyers have to get some sort of a return out of it to become repeat buyers.

someone buys 10 rolls, you stick in a common benji in one of them. stuff like that. if they get skunked, they will just assume it was searched or nothing special and won't buy again, which is fine for 1 roll or two rolls to happen I suppose, but still many folks "seed" the rolls some to entice repeat customers. you spread the cost of the seeding, out over the selling prices of the rolls. at least this is how I'd be doing it If I were doing it. Still no guarantees given, but people will find things and come back because they do.

kind of like the "paydirt" "pan your own gold" gimmick. they seed bags of dirt and rock with gold flakes and know exactly how much is going into each one. the buyer finds something, but paid more than what they found was worth and the seller is making their profit. maybe one in 100 or 1000 bags is a winner with a profit for the buyer, but maybe none at all really, but the feeling after panning it out is they found gold and they are happy.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Evan Saltis likes this.
  19. Zorrbabe

Yeah I don't know I picked two random ones and I'm hoping those have silver in them to sell because I picked ones where I couldn't see the ends on them and since all the rest were bad I'm hoping that these are good and somebody else gets them I don't really care about the silver but it's starting to suck when I'm selling sealed coin rolls on eBay and even though I'm picking two ends out of the three nobody's got silver and I just want somebody to get silver and then I have to like throw extra stuff in there because I'm so afraid they won't get it it's really stressful but I have to pay for the gas somehow so I have to sell a couple. But there's been times where in a cornrow hunt like on average there's usually seven or eight and I don't know why there's been such a fail lately this week with Loomis Loomis has been crap the last few weeks to be honest

Copper lover likes this.
  20. Zorrbabe

Well they're sealed and from the bank so I can't stuff any silver in there even if I want to. The Loomis rolls are sealed up and there's nothing I can do to make them better or I would because I want to make them happy. So I try to include something that they will at least like like I throw in a couple extra Kennedy coins and do the best I can and something extra so that they get at least their money's worth I mean they can sell all the Kennedys for a couple dollars and they're going to make money regardless if they get silver or not if they resell them. If I could put silver in the roll I totally would I just can't search the roles there's no way you can even do it with the Loomis Bank rolls I couldn't do it if I wanted to. I don't have some kind of crimping machine or whatever I have no way to tell I just do it honestly and I pick a couple randomly from the box and that's a wrap I don't have any gimmicks I'm very honest I'm like here we go I open these sometimes I get silver sometimes I don't I'm not guaranteeing anything because I don't know I'm starting to notice patterns. Like either they'll be a bunch of rolls with like a lot of 70s and '80s or I'll get a mix with 70s 80s and 90s. I mean even if they get a really nice like proof coin or a high value like Ms 68 or decam then they're going to do well. I am really glad that I opened one of them because I needed gas because that one was total drunk so I would have really made someone upset. This was totally random I couldn't see either end and yet it was total junk and I felt really happy that I opened it. I'm not a silver Hunter I honestly just like hoarding the Kennedy coins making books and enjoying the history. Nobody has rated me anything so I assume they did not get silver and that makes me feel really bad on the three that I've sold I have two more up we didn't find any in any of the rest so I'm just hoping those two have them

21. Zorrbabe

Oh yeah when they stick in under in there they sell it for $70 and then you might get more. I just saw them for like $20 so they're paying a dollar a piece plus shipping. I'm charging even less for the two roll deal of $29 so they're just paying for my gas I'm not making anything I mean I tell them straight up I'm just making books and I try to be as honest as I can I don't open them I don't touch them I do nothing and I include a couple free coins for some reason they like the bicentennial added in

Draft saved Draft deleted