Tercentenary Medal

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Yacorie, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

I wasn't sure where to put this but I'm just trying to find any information I can on this medal. I can't seem to find anything at all about it and I'm just trying to get some type of information.

I appreciate any information anyone has or can point me too

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know if this will be much help, but I have dozens and dozens of 150th-350th anniversary medals for New England towns and cities that were produced by private mints, and little information is available for any of them. From what I've learned, most of the medals were authorized and purchased by each jurisdiction with the intent of selling them to the townspeople to recover the cost.

Chris

alurid likes this.
  4. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Well that is good to know. I was shocked that I couldn't find any information on them or even another picture of one. I was hoping to get a little information on them but we can't have everything i guess. I appreciate the response.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Unfortunately, I lost all of my photos a few years ago when the graphics card on my old computer died. I was able to recover these that follow.....

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

NJ TERCENTENNARY - OBV.jpg

NJ YERCENTENNARY - REV.jpg

6. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Those are both great pieces. I have to admit, I saw a ton of really great ones when trying to find information on this. The prices for them were all over the place too

Draft saved Draft deleted