Ten Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Johnny B33, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Johnny B33

Johnny B33 New Member

I found this bill several years ago. It has a cutting error, top left corner, and I just want to know if it is worth anything. The quality is not that good.

Thank

Johnny
    Note: Bill year: 1999
    10 dollar bill 001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Neat. I'm not so sure it would fetch any premium, particularly in an obviously-circulated grade like that, but I'll defer to the paper people on that. (My knowledge is limited to those little round pieces of metal.)

Cool find, regardless.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Most of the time notes like this you will find in better condition, just because
    from there start there different and people tend to put them back, unfortunately
    Since condition is everything in a note and your has been down the block several
    Times already the likely hood of getting anything over face would be slim to
    None, still a great circulation find though :)

5. Johnny B33

Johnny B33 New Member

Thanks, I though it was pretty cool. So, I will keep it. Any ideas on how to improve the condition? Thanks.

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

A time machine? ;)

Nope. What's done is done, I reckon.

7. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Measure the extra area and take the % of the square area of the regular bill. There's your added value. Or at least a talking point.

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

From a value stand point no, however you can press the wrinkles out making it
    a little easier on the eye,s LOL :)

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Oh that's nice. There are methods to increase the grade of your note. If you surf around this forum you can find some.
    I wouldn't do it to mine, because I would ruin them.

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Improving paper currency is akin to "cleaning" coins. Be careful with either if you don't know what you are doing.

11. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Nice find.

As error notes go, this example is minor with a capital M. Condition holds it back and any improvements, which I do not recommend ever, would not amount to measurable gains. Enjoy it for what it is.

12. Johnny B33

Johnny B33 New Member

I have read that I should not iron it or try to improve the bill. So, I will leave it alone. I think I will give it to my nephew, and my be by the time his is 50, it might be worth something of value.
    Thanks.

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Leave it in the condition it's in. Put it in an oversized sleeve to preserve it. The reason most of these-type errors are new-looking is they couldn't do what this one did, that is, last 18 years in circulation without that error breaking off. That in itself is quite an accomplishment.

moneycostingmemoney and Kentucky like this.
  14. Johnny B33

Johnny B33 New Member

Thanks.

15. Coinfrog

Coinfrog New Member

Good eye, little premium, leave it as is - and keep looking!

Draft saved Draft deleted