Teletrade Auction Cancelled

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Tonight's Teletrade auction has been cancelled! I have never seen this happen before. Must be an IT problem if I had to guess. Anyone have any specific info?

http://www.teletrade.com/

TC

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

All I can add is what I saw this afternoon/evening.

About half an hour after the auction was supposed to start, they had a similar page up, saying the start would be delayed by one hour.

Fine, no problem. Sure enough, about 4 pm I visited, and the auction was up and running, and i added a couple lots to my watch list.

Somewhere around 6pm or so, i went back to check, and Chrome gave me the google malware warning for any page other than the main index page.

Then, not long afterwards, I saw the current page.

*shrug*

4. I hope their customer database has not been compromised! :eek: TC

5. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

The site was sporadic throughout the day as far as accessibility. We had bids on lots in the auction.

6. gboulton

7. gboulton

8. I was hoping Ian Russell would chime in here, but he probably is busy right now. ;) TC

9. gboulton

So I haven't kept that straight apparently...is Ian at BOTH TT and GC now? I know he's at GC.

10. My bad. It looks like he jumped ship. Corey Maita (formerly at Gainesville Coins) is now President of Teletrade. TC

11. gboulton

Ok...yeah, I knew he'd left TT and founded GC...but I wasn't sure if maybe he'd come back or something. Hard to keep all of them straight. :too-funny:

12. gboulton

Well, they say it's resolved now.

Between their reference to a new cert, and google's findings earlier, my GUESS is their SSL cert expired, and they suffered a man-in-the-middle attack...but that's only a wild, out of the blue guess. Put it this way...it would fit what we've seen, but so would dozens of other things. *heh*

In either case, it would appear their IT folks caught it pretty quickly, and did the right thing by taking things down when they did.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change your password over there now, just in case.

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I thought Ian Russell left Teletrade for GreatCollections.com ??

14. 19Lyds

Huh? Passwords are all the same.

Telepass.jpg

15. gboulton

We already covered that above. Reading is good. :)

I really have no idea what you're talking about here....what I was SUGGESTING is that it might be a good idea to CHANGE your password at teletrade.com

16. 19Lyds

See Screen Print above.

For US Customers, the password is usually the billing address zipcode although I do understand that "usually" does not mean always.

17. Teletrade Inc

Teletrade Inc New Member

[FONT=&quot]Dear Coin Talk Members, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Last night we took a proactive measure to take Teletrade.com offline as a result of technical issues that we were experiencing. We have since addressed the issues, restored the site online and it is again functioning at a high level with no security concerns. I can assure you that all issues have been addressed and no customer information was ever at risk or compromised. [/FONT]

All the coins offered in last night’s cancelled Tuesday No Reserve Auction, will be offered in Auction 3333 on Tuesday August 21[SUP]st[/SUP].

We apologize for any inconvenience and please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-949-2646 with any questions.

Thank you,
    Corey Maita- President

18. gboulton

Corey,

Thanks for dropping in and advising everyone. Good to have a proactive IT team!

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Checked the site early yesterday morning, didn't see anything I liked (classic commem wise), and missed all the fun. Nice to see the boss man checkin' in here........:)

20. Thanks for taking the time to post here Corey. TT is one of my favorite auction sites. Glad to hear all is well. TC

21. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

That really is so cool that the President of TT would just stop by here and tell us what was going on. And by the way I am so glad those coins are going back up for auction. There were quite a few coins that I wanted.

Draft saved Draft deleted