TD Bank Penny Arcade Settlement (actual payouts)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JobIII, Apr 23, 2018.

1. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I don't doubt that this is true but I'm not talking about small errors in measuring devices but rather large errors that persist for years. Poultry producers inject their products with large amounts of water and sodium tripolyphosphate and it doesn't appear on the label, for instance. Fish can be almost half added water.

Sure, when a scale is off a little at the grocery or the gas pump is off a bit, it probably will tend to benefit the purchaser. but when the sign in the grocery store says something is $1.49 it will ring up wrong for $2.89 every time. It's the large errors in the 3% to 120% range that always favor the house and shopping now days is a lot like gambling. Nobody is ever prosecuted because it goes all the way to the top.

There was a Texas firm recently caught redeeming huge numbers of waffled kennedy half dollars ostensibly generated by China's massive smashing of recycled Americans cars. Of course they were counterfeit. The mint sells coin to the FED by weight and I'm sure each bag probably has an extra coin or two. Tiny errors tend to go to the purchaser because most retailers intentionally set their machine to give a "big" pound, or a "big" gallon". It keeps customers who watch them off their backs.

But then there are the big errors like a gas pump that once put 12 gallons in my 10 gallon tank. They let me have it free in exchange for not blowing them in.

"Errors" are not "isolated" now days but rather pervasive.

Ironically banks have made about 30 errors with my business over the years. About 25 of them were in my favor and these were far larger on average than the errors in their favor.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TD Bank pay me refund 0.36 cents . Probably they rub me more they refunded me . Typical corrupted system

4. JobIII

JobIII Active Member

Ok so the largest confirmed settlement check I have found was around $1500.00. Not a bad windfall.

Draft saved Draft deleted