Tauler & Fau Experiences

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Romancollector, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Romancollector

Romancollector Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences with Tauler & Fau. I know that I already asked about Nomos earlier today, but I promise this is the last auction house I will ask about in the near future.....:D I am attempting to register to bid, but the website indicates that I must enter my password number. As far as I can remember, I don't think I've ever given my passport number to an auction house in order to register. Is this safe? Have any of you done this?... :nailbiting:

Thank you for your help.:rolleyes:
    Rc

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member

I assume you mean the passport number. Yes some European auction houses ask for a scan of the passport ID page, showing my name and home address. I understand it's to prove the coin will be exported out of the EU and VAT shouldn't be charged.

I have bought from them once. Went smoothly.

Romancollector likes this.
  4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Not related. But one time I bought some clarinet items from Pakistan, and the package arrived with a literal photocopy of the mans (seller) state ID stapled to it!!

5. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

I've bought coins from them for a couple of years now....Professional, quick postage and all problem free..

6. ColonialCoinsUK

ColonialCoinsUK Well-Known Member

I have had no problems over the years - very good to deal with. Last lot was delayed as it needed an export permit - which arrived with the coin so I suppose I need to keep that :D

7. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

I have bought numerous times from them and have always been happy with both the coins and the customer service.

8. Romancollector

Romancollector Well-Known Member

You got it! Whoops...wrote my question after a few drinks :hilarious:

9. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Several transactions and
    No problems. Professional and
    Prompt

10. Theoderic

Theoderic Active Member

I seem to remember that I needed to fax a copy of my passport to Jean Elsen when registering with them a number of years ago. Not sure if that's still required. As for Tauler & Fau I've bought from them a few times with no issues. They have low starting bids but competition can get fairly aggressive in their auctions.

Draft saved Draft deleted