tatter tott

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tatter tott, Nov 25, 2020.

1. tatter tott

tatter tott Active Member

I'm looking for coins that you just don't see I love collection coins but their is something about the Penny I just love every thing about it the history the look I tell you what I'm wanting to get into the India head Penny what would be the odds finding theme not buy them. I got a Buddy that has some he don't collect no more but he has a few coins I'm trying to buy his collection but his price is foolish I guess he thinks I'm stupid but I no more about this shit than he thinks he thinks just because the coin is big it's worth a million if that was the Case I would be rich.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If it were me, I'd save my money until I learned how to grade and correctly identify errors and varieties. I don't think you have reached that threshold, yet.

Since you like to read, you might want to buy these.
    untitled.png
    OFFICIAL PRICE GUIDE TO MINT ERRORS.jpg

Penny Luster likes this.
  4. tatter tott

Yeah you right I won't lie I no the difference in doubling coins but they can be tricky lot of that stuff is MD when I first started every coin I thought was doubling was MD r machine doubling their is a lot I've still got to learn I am still having problems with some win it comes to doubling what kill's
    e when you are looking right at it and you have two different lines and that ant doubling I think they should change the hole process lol just kidding I got the money put back it's not that big of a deal for me to do this right now it ant going no were drowning interest as we speak thanks for the tip about the books I love reading own this stuff you are a good friend you just might have save me 10 grand

5. tatter tott

Let me ask you a question witch 1982 coin is Worth keeping is it just me or they have went crazy over this penny

6. tatter tott

I'm like a kid in a Candy store Guy's I'm blessed every day when my eyes open in the morning I done given it to God with out him I'm nothing I love my family and friends and now my I guess I will call it my coin buddies you never know one day we might all be in one spot that would be funny it's nothing for me to just get up and go I think we have to live every day like it's are last their is nothing I do that I make sure I'm having fun awhile I do it I don't know what it is but I love collection these coins I can't wait to open that next roll and I have faith that if I open enough I will get every one I want I believe that have a little faith you never know what just happen. God is good folks I hope people around this world today give thanks if you didn't maybe you need to take a look at you're self and wonder why it ant going right for you again Guy's I really want to stop and thank each and every one off you Guy's cause with out you their is no me.It's crazy couple days ago we didn't like each other too well but today I can say you all are my friends but let me say this if I am in the wrong about a coin you tell me I want never learn if you don't I'm going to open one more roll and I'm calling it a night.

7. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

advice: get some books on coins and errors and research that way you will know what exactly you have or don't have

trust me the more you know the better you will become

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'll be honest with you. I don't collect Lincoln cents. I hate them. I'm sure there are others who can answer this for you.

About 15 years ago, I acquired three unopened $50 Mint bags (2 - 1974P & 1 - 1980P). It took me 4-1/2 years to get through the 1980P bag because I'd get headaches just looking at those little suckers. I sold the other two bags because I didn't want to mess with them any more.

9. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

The 82 d small date copper is the LMC that is the one to look for. Weighs 3.1 grams.

I will add welcome TT!
    No bad words please.
    Post pictures of your coins.
    Have fun!

10. tatter tott

After talking too you all last night I found my first 1982 small date copper Penny pretty nice coin it's in mint shape found it in a roll of coins I have a couple of small date zinc their in good shape but you no how these zinc Penny's are hard to find in mint shape these small dates are hard to find and I go through some coins in a day I would be afraid to put a number on it I'm curious if the small date copper Penny is Worth anything this coin has something going own with the date I want say double die but something is different about it I wish my camera worked better I'm going to try to get a picture took of it I want you're opinion.

11. tatter tott

Let me ask a question I just open a another roll of Penny's I just found a 1960 in nice shape this thing is Sharpe it might grade a 62 or better I found a 1982 d small date zinc in perfect shape I can't even find not one scratch front or back do you think it's worth anything.

12. tatter tott

I found a 1982 p small date copper Penny is it Worth anything thing these small dates are hard to find they have about pulled all off them back in 1982 people must be hoarding all off them for real. Their about like the 1959 and the 1960 hard to find expectably in mint shape I have a couple of these coins I tell you a nice coin is the small date 1970 coin I found one last night pretty good shape I'm looking for the 1970 small date s Penny don't know if it's out their or not I guess I will keep looking have a nice day Guy's.

13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Tatter you need to upload clear photos of the front (obverse) and back (reverse) of any coins you have questions about. These are slightly out of focus but are good enough for folks to see and give an opinion on the coin. Mine is a copper large date Philadelphia mint. Polish_20201127_213836153.jpg

14. tatter tott

That is a nice coin their looks to be at least a 68 red or maybe better for sure what do they call that is it a error the lines like running north to south but a very nice coin I have some that look like that I would take pictures but my camera sucks to I can get one so I try to explain it as good as I can I have several of those I want say mine is no better mint then yours I was looking early today finally found a 1982 p small date copper pretty nice coin I'm looking for the 82 small date d copper Penny I have found a lot of large date's but small date is a beast to find

15. tatter tott

I'm going to ask you a question I'm looking at some quarters right now I found this 1984 not to pretty but their is something about it the 4 looks to be two of theme and on the back has these big lines running north to south their are so many lines it's hard to make out the letters sorry I can't take no pictures but it is a neat coin it has to be done in the mint department for sure I don't believe you can put this thing in a juke box and make it look like that I give any thing to be able to take a picture I can try don't laugh it's pretty bad give me a minute.

16. tatter tott

17. tatter tott

Sorry man their is no way you can see what I'm talking about with a picture like that this phone sucks I will get me one if I have to pay what ever what do you take pictures with that clear a iPod

18. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

The thing with phone cameras, all cameras really, is that you cant hold the phone steady with your hand while snapping the picture. Put it on a roll of TP or soup can with the lens overhanging the lip. Then snap the picture carefully. I sometimes use the self portrait timer to not touch the phone when the shutter snaps.

19. tatter tott

I've tried pop Can's and every thing else it's a cheap phone with a cheap camera in it I will get me a better one that way I can show you some coins I got some I would like for you Guy's to look at anyway I really need you Guy's opinion on some about doubling die coins do you like the Penny I do something about it I think their are lot more errors with this coin I like the dime to I have a lot of dime's I got a 1982 p dime doubling on the front and back in good shape nice little dime got it this morning got several more doubling dime's I think you can see the doubling a lot better with dime's than you can Penny's special me.

20. tatter tott

I have a 1972 d it looks like it has some doubling on the date I could be wrong need some help here got a different camera hope you can see it all right plus on the back off the memorial building on the top left side looks to be some kind of doubling life the bottom off the building is trying to start a new building don't know how to explain it hopefully you can see it.

21. tatter tott

Draft saved Draft deleted