T1 Blank Struck

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Lincoln Cents, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

What would a coin that missed the upset mill look like? Yes, I know it is frustrating to open a thread that has no picture, I will get pictures soon. If you have a coin like this can you post a picture?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

You would need a picture. Does it have a obverse and a reverse? or Not. It could be a blank hatchet

4. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Definitely a blank hatchet.

Hatchet.jpg

5. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Hey well atleast i was right for once. LOL!

6. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Its worth about $1. I've asked the same question :D.

7. Lincoln Cents

It has the image but the rim looks strange. I will post some pictures soon (sorry to keep you waiting).

8. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

I have seen quite a few old wheat back cents with the rims ground off them. Some folks say that back in the good ole days that the cent coins were ground down to be used as dimes in the vending machines. Now these are causing some error collectors to think they have found a gold mine when they find one of the ground down coins.

9. Harley.d

Harley.d Love coins

is the rim wider than other pennys?

10. Lincoln Cents

First off, my coin is a dime. It is the same diameter as other dimes and has a sort of flattened rim, so I thought that it was a struck T1 blank.
    There are flow lines on the rim. Sorry, no pictures yet.

11. Lincoln Cents

I just learned I will not be able to get pictures until Tuesday (someone is borrowing it).:( Meanwhile will someone post a picture of a coin struck on a T1 planchet?

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I would think that a coin struck on a type I planchet or blank would have a high probability of being a partial collar or slightly off center. The problem is that the type I or blank is the same size as the finished coin. A type II planchet is slightly smaller than the finished coin so it drops down into the coining chamber easily. Trying to drop the type I into a hole the exact same size is very difficult. If it tips any at all it will jam up and not drop into the collar

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

IMO, a T1 planchet would have rounded edges on one side and square edges on the other side. As Conder stated, T1 planchets are larger than T2 planchets and as such would have difficulty entering the coining chamber.

14. Lincoln Cents

I had not considered that, I have been really busy sorry for the wait.

15. 1916DMerc

1916DMerc Member

I think i can help. Just got grade today

Attached Files:

16. 1916DMerc

1916DMerc Member

Ck out pics i loaded. 1941 s quarter struck on t1

17. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

This thread is from 2011.. Some of the members are no longer on CoinTalk especially the one that asked the question o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted