Sword/spear showing through Monticello nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pippypowerful, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Hello, while going through saved change I noticed a 2010P nickel with a sword or spear like object going through Monticello. It is raised and very prominate, not groove or scratch like. I will attach some pics . Not sure if maybe it was made over the Buffalo error coin or something else. Any help would be great. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

It's either a die crack or something stuck to the coin, such as solder. Pictures are too blurry though.

Pippypowerful likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Looks to my eye like a cut/gouge or the like.

5. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Thanks for your help. When I click to view pics they are clear. Idk why they are showing up blurry. It's bubble like not like a cut or crack you can stick your nail in. I appericate your responses.

6. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

When I click to view the pictures they are clear. Not sure why they would be blurry to anyone else. I'm new to this site so if you know how to prevent that I will try and fix that. Thanks so much

7. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Hope this pic shows clear view of what I'm trying to describe

Attached Files:

8. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Another pic

Attached Files:

9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

This one is clear but too small. You need to crop around the nickel so they appear bigger when we click on them. Otherwise, they just show up small...

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

IMHO.. Post Mint Damage. You can see another area in the word PLURIBUS with some strange marking right above the area in question
    Not an error
    UR.JPG

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Even after looking at the new photos, my impression remains the same. It looks as though the raised metal was moved into this position due to after strike damage as opposed to being formed when struck. Of course I can only go on what little I can see though.

12. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Thanks so much!

13. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Cropped

Attached Files:

14. Pippypowerful

Pippypowerful New Member

Done. Thank ya!

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm with @BooksB4Coins on this one. It appears to be damage, and the raised area on the right side of the mark is just metal pushed up and out of the gouge.

Chris

ldhair and Smojo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted