Support CoinTalk

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Valentinian, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

I just renewed my "supporter" status at CoinTalk. This site is great and provides a wonderful service so I think it is worth supporting. It costs $29/year. If you want to support it just click on your username on the blue bar in the upper right and go to "Account upgrades" in the right column.

Someone else will know more about the benefits, but I think they include fewer ads and the ability to post things for sale more frequently. For me, the biggest benefit is supporting this great forum.

If you renew or join and are willing to admit it, respond here. Maybe we can encourage others among us to become supporters and make Peter happy to continue making our community possible.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

I update my suporter status on the anniversary of when I joined every year. Happy to do so!

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Sending pics in PM is a bonus too.

5. alde

alde Always Learning

Mine came due just a few days ago. I was more than happy to renew as I get quite a lot from everyone here.

capthank, Alegandron and Theodosius like this.
  6. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

Do we get a notice when it's time to renew?

7. alde

alde Always Learning

Yes

Alegandron and furham like this.
  8. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Just renewed my supporter status.

Alegandron and Theodosius like this.
  9. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

I didn't. I noticed I had renewed last year Jan. 27. Before I renewed today my status had changed from "Supporter" to "Well-known member." So, I think you could tell from that alone (unless you picked your own status expression).

Alegandron and Theodosius like this.
  10. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on becoming one very soon. I look forward to supporting this site, it's become like a second family to me. :)

11. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I got a message last sunday saying my supporter status had just ended and renewed it immediately, so I think having not been a supporter anymore for less than ten minutes :)

Q

Alegandron, furham and Theodosius like this.
  12. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

My best $29 in coin money spent.

John

Alegandron likes this.
  13. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I often miss the memo when mine expires but know right away when I see ads at the top of the page, and then I zoom over to the renew page :)

Theodosius likes this.
  14. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Thanks for the timely reminder, Warren... I just renewed my Supporter status. I think it had expired about two weeks ago and when I didn't renew immediately, it just totally slipped my mind after that.

Alegandron likes this.
  15. TheRed

TheRed Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread Valentinian, I am now a supporter. CT has been a wonderful place to discuss coins and is well worth the $29.

16. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

What is the link to become a supporter? I'd like to become one.

TIF likes this.
  17. TIF

TIF Always learning.

18. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I just did it. :) Only took me like 3 years or so.

TIF and Roman Collector like this.
  19. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

It's a great site. Would have to be, to lure me away from Collectors Universe after 16 years there.

(The timing of CU's switch to a newer software platform that I hate was another incentive. Their new software is a 3-speed bicycle. This platform, by comparison, is a Maserati, in my opinion.)

I'm not totally convinced this "Peter" person really exists, however. ;)

juris klavins, Alegandron and TIF like this.
  20. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

Money well spent. This thread was a good reminder.

Alegandron and TIF like this.
  21. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This is my second year as a supporter. I spend a lot of time here, have made great friends, and have received tons of valuable information. I don't see any of that changing in the future.

Alegandron and TIF like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted