SUPERCOIN: Captain America's Candian Counterpart is Over 80% Sold Out in LE series

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ValpoBeginner, May 2, 2018.

1. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

His name is Captain Canuck, and unbenkownst to this writer was a Candaian comic book hero beginning in 1975.
    Screenshot_2018-05-02-18-44-45-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_2018-05-02-18-51-08-01.jpeg

Canada's Royal Mint has sold over 80% of this $20 Sterling Silver "coin". WAIT A MINUTE.... Ive seen those before..... 1 oz silver bullion bars, right? Not in this case.... Heres why?

I apparently didn't know what a coin was until today. No I didn't look up the word in the Oxford English Dictionary, but instead made an assumption. I'm much too busy to look up different meanings, of the word "coin." A coin is an item functioning as currency, whether it be Fiat or based on a precious metal; in order to be considered a coin, this item that society agrees is worth a certain amoun is used for purchases and general commerce.

In Captain Canucks case, it is quite possibly the highest denomination I've seen on a pure ounce of silver. Furthermore, it may be the only coin, that could one day just possibly, one day be worth more by what it is, a coin with a governmental declaref value written on it, $20.00 CAD. No, dont get me wrong, I'm not being bearish, but just looking at all the possibilities the of the silver futures market to come.

For those wondering.... Its cost to consumers is $93.10 USD.

MINTAGE 3,500 COINS

It's value to the lucky collector with "Candaian National Pride" .... PRICELESS.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Not really though. Canada and the crown countries don't have to take commemoratives for face value and have even told banks to stop taking them in some cases.

4. ValpoBeginner

INTERESTING... I would think of our neighbor to the north as being more like the U.S. insomuch as taking a Silver Eagle to a gas station here in the U.S. would only get you 1 dollar's worth of gasoline.
    HOWEVER, Baseball, you may be correct, I didnt specialize in International Law, but right now it wouldnt make much of a difference in value... (Ag at $16.32); Meaning you could visit your friendly neighborhoof bullion dealer and at least get a fair price for even a really beat up one of these.

5. ValpoBeginner

PLUS for a sole proprietor running his own shop, it would be foolish to not accept this. ".9999 PURE ARGENT" coin.

6. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

The RCM is very good about issuing "coins" for 5X the silver price. They put out some of the oddest (and ugliest) NCLT that you can imagine. If you wait 2-3 and buy them on the secondary market, you can get them at 50-60% of the issue price. Granted, some of their NCLT is really nice to look at and well-designed, but the great majority is cannon fodder.

ValpoBeginner likes this.
  7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

A gas station wouldn’t have to take it, but they’re still a crown country like Australia so they all kinda do the same

8. ValpoBeginner

I Just picked up this 2015 piece at bullion price, which kinda surprised me... I LOVE IT!

magnifier_20180503_172944-01.jpeg
    magnifier_20180503_172647-01.jpeg

But yes I DO agree with your about quite a few of their pieces... The coins with colorized designs have never really struck me as, "in the style of silver art" . To me it really defeats the purpose of the natural beauty of the metal.

This is the only example of a colorized coin, and in this case I think it is a sticker with a hologram on it that I like.
    magnifier_20180503_180605-02.jpeg magnifier_20180503_180906-01.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted