Super shiny 1 dollar coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by StoneCold334, Dec 8, 2023.

1. StoneCold334

StoneCold334 Member

There way shinier in real life then in the pictures but are they worth anything? The Millard one is 2010 and the Washington is 2007 they’re both D mintmarks.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr. Numismatist

Mr. Numismatist Strawberry Token Enthusiast

Modern "Golden" Dollar Coins are very easy to find in high grades. The George Washington is worth $1.00 and the Millard Fillmore might be worth $1.75 to the right person. Thanks for sharing, happy hunting! :cool:

Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. StoneCold334

StoneCold334 Member

Ok very good to know thank you for telling me!

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

What @Mr. Numismatist said. Check the Washington Quarter. On the edge of the coin should be the date so check to see if it’s missing. Welcome to CT.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I have hundreds of them. They are worth one dollar each. I give them as tips at the golf course.

Cheech9712 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  7. StoneCold334

StoneCold334 Member

The dates there on both coins

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Glad you checked.

StoneCold334 likes this.
  9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

My experience with this coins is that the collector interest is very low. When I was a member of a local club, we had a large number of these pieces fall into our hands. They had been packaged by the Littleton Coin Company, and they were very nice. It took a while get people to "buy" them at face value.

I had a similar reaction to the Proof versions of these coins. It was hard to get more than face value for them.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Those dollar coins got me into coin collecting. Took all the years of fun out of it when the mint discontinued them at the bank. Like the last S minted park quarters. Still pissed. Had 13 sets going for both

Draft saved Draft deleted