sun yat-sen

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by svyeta, Feb 5, 2016.

?

Is this worth anything?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. svyeta

svyeta New Member

I don't know if this coin is worth anything here are pictures, can people help me out please, I know very little about it, and cannot find many images about it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Yes, but it looks like a counterfeit.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. svyeta

svyeta New Member

I have had it for over 20 years, could be, I guess, if it is not a counterfiet how much would it be worth, and how do i tell if it is counterfeit?

5. Insider

I do not have a World coin price guide here. You'll need to wait for someone else to get a price.

I said it "looks' counterfeit in the photo. I would need a photo with more magnification to give you a more authoritative opinion. In your present photo the characters do not look as sharp as they should.

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. svyeta

svyeta New Member

okay, thank you, they do raise off of the coin, that was just a pic with my phone, haha

7. svyeta

svyeta New Member

what kind of place should i take it to?

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

probably fake. take it to a coin shop to see if they can tell if it's a cast counterfeit. most coins from China are counterfeit. the only ones I would buy would be PCGS or NGC slabbed China coins.

9. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Put a magnet on it.

10. svyeta

svyeta New Member

thank you, are there ways I can test to see?

11. svyeta

svyeta New Member

I did try that test.. it didn't stick to the magnet.. i tried a few different magnets.. is there any other ways

12. svyeta

svyeta New Member

I also put a little bit of bleach on it..was probably a good idea, because it turned a weird color

13. svyeta

svyeta New Member

probably not*

14. Insider

Do not do anything to your coin! The bleach has already hurt it. Take it to a coin dealer is a good idea. As I said, so far your coin looks like a struck counterfeit. It is not a cast counterfeit.

Draft saved Draft deleted