Suggestions on a coin microscope???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BadApple, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Thank you Jim.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I do hope no one took it as being a "put-down", its really that I hate to see members believing "selling crud statements " to be scientific fact. Very few have had experience to understand how magnifiers from the toys to current levels have evolved. Why a earlier Leica camera or microscope cost thousands but a Bell and Howell or Kodak brand less than $100.
    When the digital era came in with cameras and phones. and all the rest of instruments, it was a huge step. Leading cell phones today have much , much better than the electron microscope of college ( circa 1960s) years, and electron microscopes today are possible at the molecule level. It is Fantastic to observe molecule shapes today. Modern Vaccines are now based on info from such observations of viruses/antibodies or antigen/antibody configurations, so that children who before, might have died from defective antibody production or sickle cell anemia, today can use a human made molecules to allow them to survive as they should. It is( insert exclamatory words) amazing!
    Anyway if any one felt I was putting their equipment or photos down, I apologize, but I hate to see possible misleading/misunderstood advertising ( such as X1000).
    Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted