Suggestions for Sellers on VCoins

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by NateM, Apr 6, 2020.

1. NateM

NateM New Member

Hi everyone, I have looked through this forum page a few different times but this is my first time here so I apologize if there is another place that I should put this (please let me know and I can fix this). I am new to the hobby but I have knowledge of it as my Dad is big into this and I myself am huge into Ancient History so I have some adjacent knowledge. Now what I was wondering is what suggestions yall have for sellers on VCoins that would be good to buy from at a cheaper price that are reliable and authentic? I am first looking at some older Chinese coins and specifically a Roman Marcus Aurelius. Thank you!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Hi @NateM . Welcome to Coin Talk! We have a world coins forum here and that would be a good place to post something like this in. There are a lot of people here that are very knowledgeable in world coins and where to buy them.

4. NateM

NateM New Member

Hi @Bambam8778 , thank you! Do you suggest deleting this post and reposting it over there? I just don't want to break any rules by having stuff in the wrong place

5. NateM

NateM New Member

Hi everyone, I have looked through this forum page a few different times but this is my first time here so I apologize if there is another place that I should put this (please let me know and I can fix this). I am new to the hobby but I have knowledge of it as my Dad is big into this and I myself am huge into Ancient History so I have some adjacent knowledge. Now what I was wondering is what suggestions yall have for sellers on VCoins that would be good to buy from at a cheaper price that are reliable and authentic? I am first looking at some Ancient Chinese coins and specifically a Roman Marcus Aurelius. Thank you!

Pellinore and Magnus Maximus like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

@NateM
    The Ancients forum would be a good place to ask too.
    Depending on how old the Chinese coins you are looking for are, your best bet would be there :)

NateM and Bambam8778 like this.
  7. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I don't think you broke any rules. You can use the report button on the bottom of your original post and ask the moderators to move it if you wish. It will get attention here, just not as much possibly as the world section. Really, I don't think you can delete the post. No problems. Just trying to walk new people through it so they have the most enjoyable time here! Welcome

NateM likes this.
  8. NateM

NateM New Member

@Bambam8778 @furryfrog02 Thank you both! I went ahead and through it in the Ancient section as that is the section of coin I am most interested in

furryfrog02 likes this.
  9. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

10. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

11. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Athena, Incitatus, Ken Dorney, Aegean, GIN (Germania Inferior Numismatics), and many more.

Paul M. and Ryro like this.
  12. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

13. NateM

NateM New Member

@Orfew I have heard a lot of good things about Ken Dorney

Paul M., Stevearino, octavius and 2 others like this.
  14. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Ken Dorney and Frank Robinson are good for Chinese. Either might have Aurelius as would any of the others mentioned above.

Paul M., Stevearino and NateM like this.
  15. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

For good reasons. Ken is an excellent dealer with great customer service. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

16. NateM

NateM New Member

I did find some nice ancient Chinese coins that I will most likely be purchasing from Ken Dorney on VCoins. Still looking for a nice Marcus Aurelius in my price range. Thank you all for the suggestions

Paul M. likes this.
  17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

OP, don't forget no one will get mad at you for a reasonable offer on Vcoins. If you find something you like priced a little more than you can go, make an offer. Worst that will happen is s/he will ignore it or say no. Also pm @John Anthony , he sometimes runs auctions here.

18. NateM

NateM New Member

@medoraman I actually did not know that was a feature on Vcoins, thank you! I will also pm him and see

19. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any question that the coins Athena sells are genuine. But people have certainly raised questions about what the owner does to some of them in terms of applying artificial patina and toning before he sells them.

I've bought ancient coins from most of the dealers people have mentioned and would recommend any of them. I've also had good experiences on V-coins with London Ancient Coins, which has a huge inventory with prices that seem reasonable to me.

20. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

If you do a search on VCoins, you can list the results in order of lower price to highest price. This way, if you have a certain budget, you can scroll down to coins in your price range and compare the quality of different coins in your budget.

21. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

I've always found Marc Breitsprecher to have nice coins at competitive prices.

Paul M., NateM, Justin Lee and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted