Success rate?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Riker, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I just flat out got tired of dumping coins. So did the bank employees...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Riker

Riker New Member

Thanks for the commemorative explanation, still learning.

My understanding of proofs is that they are packaged at the mint as sets and sold/issued separately. How is it you are finding do many proofs in general circulation?

Thanks in advance

4. Riker

Riker New Member

Got through 200 dollars worth of half dollars, no silver but did find a slightly off center. Was kind of cool, I was like "wait ... something's not right ..." Not worth much but it was fun to find. Smart phone is not that good, probably get a mini microscope that attaches to a computer. Would like to find die cracks but I think that would be too hard to spot. Now I just need to figure out how to spot a proof. Should be getting 500 dollars more tomorrow. Half 1992 Off Center 1.jpg

5. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

I agree. Used to be silver was almost in every other roll. Now, box after box yields very little. I think there are too many hunters and very little silver to go around these days. Gave it up several years ago but seeing some folks here still finding stuff, it makes me want to give it another try. I may try it just for grins and giggles.

calishield likes this.
  6. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

Somebody turned in the coins from Grandpa’s collection and did not see the value, maybe

I notice that if I find proofs in a box it usually has a few silvers as well. Coincidence? Maybe.

Draft saved Draft deleted