Success rate?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Riker, Apr 21, 2018.

1. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

It looks like @Sam Carter has a pretty good life with those stats, actually....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

Considering its a for profit company it is kind of a good deal since most banks don't have counting machines. Get the amazon gift card. Everything is on amazon.

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

More amazement then snarly.

5. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

Are you just an angry or jealous in some way of what I’ve found by Searching rolls, a troll or just obsessed with the well being of my life? Your responses are very strange towards a post where the OP was asking about the success of roll hunting. And I only offered My experience. Did I offend you in another post somewhere?

My last post was humor if you missed it btw. Telling me to get a life on a site that focuses on people who are immersed in coins. I must be the only one that finds irony in your throwing the first stone.

6. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Some people have tai chi, the list goes on and on. I feel the same way about searching. Have also filled many albums to near completion in a year and a half, so it’s productive as well. It’s good zen!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Yeah your right on all accounts. I think your great and im not.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. Cheech9712

I give all my finds to grandbabies

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  9. Robby Bee

Robby Bee Member

I've been studying the confluence of these variables to come up with "the perfect system" of identifying communities and banks for CRH. Would like to compare notes and share findings with you via PM.

10. Sam Carter

Shoot me a message anytime

11. Jeepfreak81

Jeepfreak81 Well-Known Member

I hunt mostly to fill folders for me and the kids, but I try to check for errors and varieties as well. Right now I'm only hunting cents, mostly cause it's cheap and I always at least find a wheatie or two

12. Riker

Riker New Member

Thanks everyone for the posts on my original question, and special thanks to Sam Carter for the results. That's a lot of searching but it appears to be paying off. Excellent data collection.

Tired to get half dollars at a Chase branch but they said they didn't carry them. Will have to see about trying to order them and other banks and branches. Not sure it will work out for me but I should have a little fun while working it.

Thanks

13. Sam Carter

Try these banks if they are in your area

Suntrust(some will some won't)
    PNC (have never had them say no)
    BBT ( have always when I ask, but I have to ask every Monday)
    wells Fargo( I never have but I have heard they will)

You'll need an account though, even a small savings account

Good Luck

14. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I bank at BB&T, and they will only do coins for commercial accounts.

15. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I went to a Wells Fargo this weekend and was told that they only would do large amounts of coins for commercial accounts and smaller amounts for personal accounts. As a non account holder, the most they would give me was $20 in dimes.

Suntrust has always been a miss for me. I've been to multiple branches and the tellers, every single one, has been incredibly rude. I avoid them like the plague now.

I haven't been to PNC or BBT. There are a few branches around me and I may check them out some time. Never hurts to try.

16. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

Same at my bank. Since I have a personal account, they limited me to $5 in pennies per week. I did finally get them to sell me pennies from their coin counting machine (before I dump mine in of course :D), and they said they would sell me as many as I wanted out of there because they don't have to pay to roll them. Luckily, there are about 5 other banks around me that are happy to sell me boxes of pennies.

17. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

I really don't think there is very much silver coins out there. Best bet LCS or EBAY and search on internet for what you really want or need for your future collection. Buy the coin books you need for your new venture.

18. Cheech9712

Don't wanna go there again. I love you all

calishield likes this.
  19. Riker

Riker New Member

Sam Carter
    In your spreadsheet you mentioned "common" coins, could you tell me what commons are?

Thanks

20. Cheech9712

Are you kidding me. Were talking box cars of common. He worked hard enough

21. Sam Carter

Commemorative, sorry didn't mean to confuse for my bad spelling

Draft saved Draft deleted