Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Thank you @SteveInTampa shes not in the best of shape but better than I'd expect to see one in circulation.

sgt23 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

I found all of these at work. Customers handed me the 1996 $20, 1963 $1 and 00000426 $1, and the rest came out of straps. $1.png

low sn.png

96 front (2).png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    NOS, sgt23, SteveInTampa and 2 others like this.
  4. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member

Any premium on these?

Attached Files:

5. moneycostingmemoney

It all depends on the buyer you can find. You'd have better luck with the double trip 7s, but how much? Couldn't tell ya. Maybe try a worldwide lot auction starting at .99 and see what happens. I'd think youd get at least the 3 dollars for them.

Intrepid likes this.
  6. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

first ive had in a while thats not a almost fancy binary1.jpg

7. moneycostingmemoney

Not bad for ending a strap dry spell. A CU 13 L* lower serial and an EF 99 E*.
    IMG_1253.JPG

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Will always take a good *STAR*

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  9. moneycostingmemoney

Still looking for my pair of 2013 J*s. I have a small pile of everything else for the 2013 series $1 in XF or better for trading or eBay.

10. moneycostingmemoney

A couple fine older stars, but this was my favorite find this evening. IMG_1256.JPG

chuck123 and NOS like this.
  11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The condition look,s really good, which is your first hurdle ! you are close to a
    Home run however close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades !
    so is there any premium there ? my opinion would be little if any, people
    tend to collect sequences what ever those maybe when a number breaks
    That up the values tend to be less, awesome finds though very unique :)

12. moneycostingmemoney

Über rough finds, but nice to see in straps. The 35E* is my oldest circ find to date. IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1280.JPG

hotwheelsearl, NOS and sgt23 like this.
  13. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Another at work find. I was shocked that I got both in one day. Low Binary 0's and 9's and a SC all in one night although condition is not the best. lowbinary1.jpg lowbinary2.jpg 1957cert1.jpg 1957cert2.jpg

14. nomad4454

nomad4454 Junior Member

A friend got this last night working at a gas station. He brought it buy to rub it in. He doesn’t even collect money. Lol 20171010_070926.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

low serial # star's are great, but whats a low serial?
    And really would any of you pay for it?

16. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I would consider a low serial number to feature 5x leading zeroes. And yes, collectors do pay a nice premium for these. I sold a VF 2013 $1 00000497 for $25 over the summer.

17. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I respectfully disagree on the 99 cents. if there is only the one bid then you still pay fees. on a 99 cent item you pay 35 cents. I learned this the hard way :-(

18. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

For something you paid $1 for, you must sell it for around $2.10 to at least break even.
    Starting: $2.10
    Ebay fees: 10% = $0.20
    PayPal fees: 3% = $0.06
    PayPal minimum fee: $0.30
    Shipping (first class envelope, no tracking): $0.49
    Total after all costs: $1.05
    Call that $0.05 envelope cost and you have exactly broken even.

19. moneycostingmemoney

With the .99 I was talking about the opening bid price. There is always the chance that it will close at opening price, but that’s the risk you take. If you need to get a certain amount of money because you have a certain amount of money in it, and there is no need to attract an audience to other items you have up for sale or auction, use @hotwheelsearl s data to help you set a fixed price that will get you a reasonable profit if it sells. But if you have an item that doesn’t have enough market data to use to fill the variables, and you want to sell it, you’re at the mercy of the market to gauge your profitability.
    For the case of a low serial star note I’d just hold onto it. If you won’t feel it’s value removed from your pocket put it in a protective sleeve and forget about it. It may take some time before the market tells you what it’s worth.
    If you’re the adventurous type and don’t mind losing the money to increase your seller rating or get exposure for similar items you are trying to sell put it up for auction starting at .99 and see what it fetches. If there are enough people that want it the price will be driven by the competitive nature of bidding and you could make out. On the flip side it could close at a loss and 20 years down the road while you’re gazing at the paper currency pricing guide you’ll see the same note is fetching 500+x face value.

20. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

I love reading stories like this. It's the reason I do what I do; what we all are doing. I've heard some crazy stories from bank tellers, and even witnessed some myself. Your story about the $500 note is pure "gold".....lol
    I would have legit risked getting fired for a $500 gold cert.

calishield likes this.
  21. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

lets not forget that even if you DO charge for shipping ebay now takes 10% of what you charge to ship. so if shipping is $3.50 ebay takes 35 cents. I cant imagine how they would justify it but it's happening.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted