Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Mmmm so much crisp! Can't wait to go through these tonight. HH!
    IMG_0825.JPG

SteveInTampa and calishield like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. moneycostingmemoney

All that crisp and not one star note. I did separate this guy from his family tho. Pretty neat!
    IMG_0829.JPG

Intrepid, Michael K, Dynoking and 2 others like this.
  4. moneycostingmemoney

A couple more stars for the folder. G*s this time. Now all I'm missing are E, H and L for 2013. IMG_0830.JPG

calishield likes this.
  5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

You have the Kansas City (J*) ?

6. moneycostingmemoney

Actually, no lol. Thank you @SteveInTampa somehow I forgot to write them on my list. What I can't figure out is why I e been finding so much uncirculated Atlanta paper in Baltimore? I don't know too much about the circulation of currency, but from what I do know it shouldn't be more common than NY, philly or Richmond. Considering there is the Richmond fed downtown.

7. moneycostingmemoney

I just looked that run up...I'll be lucky to get one, let alone the two per I've been keeping. Fingers crossed!

8. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

No pictures, but todays finds. Nice poker # MA77000797B $20.00 series 2013 CU; Star find F04365039* $1.00 2013 AU

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You should find some real keepers in there :)

10. moneycostingmemoney

The only stars out of three straps, but not too shabby. Added to the trade area of the forum so I can diversify my 2013 stars:cigar:
    IMG_0853.JPG

Trevor B. and mpcusa like this.
  11. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

not a strap find but I got this from circulation a 1957a star note 1957a.jpg

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You think that would be worth allot, unfortunately i have several of these in GEM
    57A,S and 57B,S brcause they made so many of these there worth only about $20
    $25 in you condition there probably in the $12-$15 range but there still cool notes
    to own :)

moneycostingmemoney and eric6794 like this.
  13. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

to get one in my change hey its fine with me if its just worth a dollar :D

14. moneycostingmemoney

Today's finds... $2 not usually a big deal, but cooler in a strap of $1s. And a 69D
    IMG_0857.JPG

NLL likes this.
  15. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

That's always nice to get extra money for free. I got an extra one dollar bill in a strap a few weeks ago.

16. CCMint

CCMint Tempus fugit

How do you guys get these silver certificates and red seals? If I asked for a strap at my bank, they'd give me a brand new sequential stack.

17. moneycostingmemoney

That's where you find the crisp stars. But you can ask for old straps. The bank will strap customer deposited bills and that's where I find the old stuff. That and old straps from the fed

18. CCMint

CCMint Tempus fugit

Are old straps from the fed just older series still left strapped and sequential? I didn't think they kept them very long

19. moneycostingmemoney

Nope just older series that get sent back. I'm not sure if older series fresh straps would sit because they would use them before printing any new paper. I believe the banks send them to the fed when there is a surplus of a denomination so that they can be sent to branches in a deficit and destroy the haggard notes and put fresh ones into circ.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  20. moneycostingmemoney

I wondered if I'd ever find one of these.
    IMG_1141.JPG

21. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Draft saved Draft deleted