Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Moon,

Thanks for the detailed explanation....now my question is what's it worth? Any more than $1.00

HOTN

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Depending on the condition, they can be worth more than face value to error collectors.

4. mudbox

mudbox New Member

Circulation find and question on grade

Recently acquired series '74 Cleveland note. I'm looking for some help to better understand how to grade notes in general. I'm going to try my hand with this one and give it a grade of 55.

In addition to the corner fold, there is a slight vertical fold down the center of the bill and the obvious staining on the right side. Also, the paper is very crisp.

$50 1974-d13379811A.jpg

I'd like to hear your thoughts on grading this note in hopes to further my understanding of the grading process.

Thanks in advance!

5. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

IMO, the issues with the note would most likely drop it down to an XF-45 range. The staining is the main culprit for the reduced grade.

6. mudbox

mudbox New Member

Thanks! I kinda thought I was being too generous.

7. wacky1980

wacky1980 Active Member

went through about $600 in singles yesterday. pulled out 5 stars, including a 2003A K* 640k run note.

also, nabbed a $1 2006 A66666679F. only 13 away from a solid serial!

8. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

Found this at work, closest to a solid # ive found
    [​IMG]

9. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

10. theegypt

theegypt New Member

I just started dabbling in paper currency about a month ago, doing a little strap searching and such. I picked this one up in a strap today, from a print run of 320,000. Bill is circulated but in decent shape (to my untrained eye).

IMAG0144.jpg

11. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I brought $50 in rolled coins to exchange at the bank today and asked for twos. The teller got $46 in two's from the teller next to him and he pulled out two two's from his own drawer including this 1953 Red Seal! This is now the oldest note I have found in circulation. I also found a nice '76 L-* note.

Attached Files:

12. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

$10 1969 Chi
    $20 1950 Chi
    $20 1950 D SanFran
    $50 1934 C NY

Attached Files:

13. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Received the following in change while dumping coins today:

$10 1985 B-C (wrinkled and small brown stain)
    $20 1974 L-D (blue ink smudged across top margin)

Also received these two notes which are pictured below:
    $20 1977 B-F
    $20 1981 B-A

I'm going to keep the 1981 note but the rest are going back into circulation unless anyone needs\wants them.

Attached Files:

14. wacky1980

wacky1980 Active Member

this morning i rifled through about $600 in singles at the bank. found a barr note, richmond district in ok condition. that makes 4/5 districts i've pulled from circulation...

also found a couple stars, an '06 b* and an '09 a*. i'm back in the teller window later today so i'll get to look through the higher denominations next.

15. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I read before and can not find the web address of a site that you put in your pack and it shows you all the Fancy's in the pack.

Anyone remember that web address?

16. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Got $200 in two's. Pulled 5 red seals. My first red seal notes. :)

'53
    '53-C
    '63 x3

Two of the '63's are AU.

Is it weird they were all A-A block notes? lol.

17. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

uspapermoney.info may be the site

18. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

So I went to the bank today and found some CU $2 sequential dollars. 2003A D13603911A - D13603932A and 2003A D13603988A - D13604000A. And yes these are for sale just message me. Also, every single one of those have a little piece of tape on the top and bottom.

19. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

here are just a few from the tons of notes i have pulled from working at the bank years ago. they are interesting. well circulated

IMG_274.jpg IMG_275.jpg IMG_276.jpg

20. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

This is one of the more odd strap finds that I've had. A well-circulated $1 1974 B-G note that looks pretty faint on most of the back like it was exposed to intense light for a long time. There are multiple factors that make this note kind of odd. The condition of the note and the fact that it has "Sal Happy New yr. 2009" written on the back. One would have expected this note to say something like "Happy new year 1978" or something but 2009?? The note also smells a little bit like ginger bread...lol

Theories on the potential history of this note are welcomed.

Attached Files:

21. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I would guess, with certainty, that this note came from Salvador "SAL" Weinstein's collection of mid-grade, one dollar, FRN's courtesy autographed by celebrities he knew. Sal's claim to fame was in 1975 as a comedy writer for the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast of Jackie Gleason. Panelist included Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Art Carney, Nipsey Russell, Danny Thomas, Sheila MacRae, and others. Story has it that Sal was having a New Years party at his home Long Beach, and since most of the celebrity comedians from the show in 1975 has passed away, he went into the kitchen and got Sheila MacRae to stop in the middle of making ginger bread cookies, and autograph his 1974 FRN. Unfortunatly, Sal passed away in 2010, leaving his collection to his grandson that needed funding for college........so his collection was dispersed at face value, and you are the new owner. Congratulations !!

Draft saved Draft deleted