Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

DaggarJon - I thought I had cleaned out my area until one teller said "I know they have $100 worth of $2 at the other branch". Then she gave me directions to it, the phone # and a contact person. I saw 4 other banks on the way and ran out of money. GOing back next week! I have not found anymore CU ish 1976 $2 for you (or me for that matter) in awhile. I'll see what I can come up with at the end of the year for you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

ok here are a few NY notes i found over the last few weeks. these bad boys are headed for ebay this weekend. enjoy

1950 A $50 NEW YORK FRN **STAR NOTE** ONE OF THE PRINTINGS IS OFF "SERIES" BARELY GOES INTO THE DESIGN JUST BELOW GRANT'S PORTRAIT
    [​IMG]

1963 A $50 NEW YORK FRN
    [​IMG]

4. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

what kind of condition is the second $50 in? Looks really nice. I like the printing error on the other also. Great finds!

5. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i would say the 2nd $50 is XF. mostly signs of handling. the lower left corner on the reverse has a slight fold. corners arent sharp. still crisp. no major folds

[​IMG]

the only thing that really kills the first note is that someone wrote numbers with pen in the left margin. its solid also
    [​IMG]

6. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

My wife is a waitress and I get to search her coins and paper whe gets for tips before whe takes them to the bank. Some days $100 to $150 in paper and a few handfulls of coin. You would be surprised how little I find, in coins mostly just some pre 82 coppers, paper all small denom very worn, but today she came home with this. Too bad about the fold and bend on corner, otherwise this note is crisp!

Attached Files:

7. tauferners

And I almost forgot about these 5 consecutive 2003A crisp beauties that I hard to ever so carefully wrestle from my wifes clutches. She had over 35 $2 from 76 on up that she was just putting in a jar along with kennedy halves, and sacagawea (sp?) dollars that she was hanging onto because she thought they were different and thus, interesting. Well bless her soul because I guess that's why she married me in the first place. :goofer:

Attached Files:

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

FINALLY!!!! after several months of dry searching lol i finally found some stars! No images (no scanner access at work lol)

2001 C 01326672 *
    2003 A 03064264 *
    2006 B 02502316 *

i also found a 1988A G21519925E ... i know, there were litteraly BILLIONS printed, but i love finding em!

I also found a 2004A $10 note with like an extra blob at the end of the serial. GG89016748 A... on the last 8, the top right corner of the 'loop' has a blob of extra ink - not sure if its something, or nothing more then a case of over inking - i will try to post pics of that tonight....

for $200 in 1's... not a bad haul today ... finally :D

9. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

ok, i think this will work ... i took a pic with a digital camera, not a bad image i dont think .. but what do you think of this blob above the 8? top right of the 8....

[​IMG]

i think its just a case of over inking, but i dont normaly see that on a single digit... its normally the entire serial looking 'fat'. This is only on the 1 digit, and it looks like a ponytial as opposed to being fat lol

10. Kent

Kent Junior Member

Nos could you please translate these figures for us newbies to paper money collecting? I have thought about buying some stacks of ones and going through them but now I know I have no idea what I might overlook I mean I have learned from some of these post about star, repeaters,ladders,b-day notes, but I have no clue as to what I just read.
    Thanks Kent

11. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

yeaaah boyeee

Finds from this last week.

Stars
    03A E*$1
    03 I* $2
    76 B* $2
    75 G* $2

Red seals
    28E $2
    28G $2
    53A $2 (X2)

1969 $20 G-A
    1995 $5 D-B

Attached Files:

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

What he listed was the series dated and the block letters.

2003 A-A would be the 2003 series and the then looking at the letters oneither side of the serial fgives you the block letters. the first A is from the Boston district - B would be New York ect... The second A to form the Block just means it is in realtively early printing. By early i dont mean to say just because it ends in an A there are not many notes printed - quite the contrary! Ending in an A still could mean as many as 10 Million notes were printed. L-A block would be San Francisco district for the L, and then A for the ending letter. K-L would be Kansas City District and then ending in L. Some discticts for some series only have as few as 320,000 notes printed - some have 640,000. Most have 3.2 million or more. www.uspapermoney.info/serials would be a great place to start looking at series and districts to get an idea as to how many notes may or may not have been printed for a series. In the 2006 series, so far, there is a district that has quite a small amount of notes printed!!! a good thing to keep an eye open for when searchign straps :)

Hope this helps! If not... just let us know :D

13. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Wow, Noost. That blows me away that you got those red seals at banks....

14. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Yeah, me too. The majority were found at banks that were hidden from major traffic flow and in small towns. I think I'm at 12 or so this year.

15. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Where are you finding so many small towns near your home, lol.

16. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

The place I live ends in 'ville and so do many others around me. I also go about 50 miles out in all directions.

17. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

a true sign of a dedicated addict :D

18. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

searched another $200 in singles today .. very disapointing results - again! Not a single star note, not a single pre-95 note.. nothing.

i did come across some interesting serials though lol
    G 19751310 H a b-day note
    A 33337788 A kinda cool
    D 13941293 D would this be a binary ladder lol the difference is 0101 between the 1st 4 and the last 4
    G 75555666 C another not quite ladder
    K 42868242 C so close to a radar
    F 78633867 N another almost radar...

I also found 1 $5 note in each bundle. Last time i found that, i called the bank to let them know... and i later found out they wrote a girl up for not counting correctly :( so im not sure i will tell the bank about these 5's.....

19. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Found two more stars today :D ....still no radar (never found one.......but haven't been looking for too long). Here they are:

[​IMG]

20. tauferners

2003a $1*

It's well circulated and ther doesn't appear to be anything special about the #, but it is a star

Attached Files:

21. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Went to the bank today and my favorite teller handed me a 1957 Silver Certificate, very worn and not good condition at all but for face, i'm not complaining hehe!

Draft saved Draft deleted