Strange UFO coin from 1680 puzzles the experts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jazzcoins, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I realize there are different opinions on what is and is not possible. But I must ask:

Are you freakin' kidding me?!? Sounds like you chomped on some baaaad mushrooms man.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. x115

x115 Collector

4. x115

x115 Collector

I don't believe in E.T. 'S

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Enough with the alien crap ! Either drop it and get back on topic or the thread will be locked.

6. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Ancient coins were struck by hand using dies cut by hand.

One can find many modern items on worn ancient coins;
    the wear patterns can produce all kinds of pictures.

One sees what one wants to see.

One guy on another board found a "space shuttle" on a
    Roman coin of Nero.

I bought this Byzantine Justinian coin several years ago
    because the figure had worn to look like the traditional "alien".

[​IMG]
    Details, for those who are interested:
    Justinian - AE Follis
    Diademed, draped, and cuirassed bust right
    D N IVSTINIANVS PP AVG
    Large letter "M", star left, cross top and right, gamma under "M"
    CON in exergue (Constantinople mint)
    Struck: AD 527-538
    Size: 30mm
    Weight: 17.98gm
    Catalog: Sear 158

:)

7. Tward83

Tward83 New Member

Huh? As I recall the topic of this thread has to do with UFOs and the information that I've brought to the table definitely coincides with the dialogue here. As an administrator you shouldn't be so harsh to silence new opinions and/or research about this subject unless you're in cahoots with the Secret Government yourself. If you re-scroll throughout this thread there is a logical progression that the UFO design on the 1600s UFO coin has a lot to do with aliens.

8. Tward83

Tward83 New Member

No! Rather than hurling insults at me try to deal with the information I've brought forth to the table. I have a Diploma of Science in UFO Explanations, a Certificate of Science in Conspiratorial Studies, completed 8 months internship as a Field Investigator for Mutual UFO Network, read well over 100+ UFO literary references, and graduated with a Diploma in Numismatics from American Numismatic Association. Where are your educational credentials? It's seems more likely that you're the one who has snorted some bad coke!

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Seems that none of these has helped you understand that this topic is about coins, not about UFOs per se. And last time I checked, this forum was called "Coin Chat", not "E.T. Chat". As for what the objects on those coins (well, medals) are, have a look at previous posts in this topic, e.g.

http://www.cointalk.com/t44991-4/#post492238
    http://www.cointalk.com/t44991-6/#post493986

Discussing those medals here is fine in my opinion, and that includes saying that they look like umbrellas or flying saucers. :) But the pieces do not really "puzzle the experts". And for UFO debates we have the General Discussion forum ...

Christian

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Somebody, somewhere, has a wad of YOUR cash in their hand, laughing all the way to the bank.

No offense, but you're an idiot. It's best you hear this now rather than go through the rest of your life with cockamamie conspiracy theories that make you look like an idiot and suck all the money out of your wallet, to boot. You can be saved, but only you can save yourself. Not aliens, not Jesus, not God, not us, only you can save yourself from your own misguided beliefs.

Wanna impress me? Get a doctorate in astrophysics and write a published and peer-reviewed paper that supports the existence of extraterrestrials and their presence here.

One last note, this should have already been locked... it's an unnecessary necro of a thread that was dead for something like two years.

12. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Are you the dude on the show Ancient Aliens with the funky hair?

tsoukalos.jpg

13. x115

x115 Collector

E.T. loves coins
    et_l.jpg

14. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

And I have a diploma in Common Sense.

You know who really believes in this stuff? Children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.