Strange UFO coin from 1680 puzzles the experts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jazzcoins, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

They all look pretty identifiable to me. What are people thinking when they see these things and go nuts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

they were still UFO's at one point (even to many branchs of the government and military) :) with the exception to those who knew about them before they were made public :)

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

It's not so much what they're thinkin' as what they're drinkin'......:bigeyes:

5. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

I want to keep this thread in perspective with the original post about UFO coins, I don;t want to take it out of it;s context.

Well tha;s your opinion these objects have been seen in very early time the bible has many different interpertations about these objects.

Do you believe in other forms of life in the universe? Well what is your interpertation of what these coins are about then we will take it from there.

Jazzcoins Joe

6. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I took it off track my self, sorry about that :) did you get a chance to listen to that show or chek out the site?

7. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

No I haven't but I will check it out I want to thank you for the info . I just want to tell you i have been doing research on this subject since I was about 14 years old many books on the topic. I think this is one of the most interesting topics to discuss.

I just want to keep the thread in context what i said earlier since this is a coin site.

Here's a coin that the French minted silver and gold alloys a commerative coin depicting a UFO on the coin. The coin was minted to commerate Jules Verne the writer of from earth to the moon. I really think this coin happens to be a very interesting one. I like the design great art work

Jazzcoins Joe

Attached Files:

8. green18

Guilty as charged....sorry. :whistle:

9. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

I'm coming to get you Green 18 this will be your new home for about one week term. I advice you to bring some rolls of coins and a loupe you may have a longer sentence.

Jazzcoins Joe:smile:smile:smile

Attached Files:

10. green18

Hey!! I thought we were going to keep this thread on track.

ROFL.....

11. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

Here are some interesting Ufo coins made by knive carvers they are call aka UFO coins just interestinf to me
    Jazzcoins Joe

Attached Files:

12. green18

Funny, but they bear a strange resemblance to a pair of rotors I pulled off the family van the other day......oops, couldn't help it.:whistle:

13. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

Here;s another Ufo coin obverse and reverse
    The image is definitely a celestrial shield The image looks like a shield leaning against a wall with some weapons illustratind on a spectacular jeton. It is a spectacular piece. The opportune time refers to the battle of Troy when the gods threw down a celstrial shield at an opportune time. This ismuch to short od a lionger story , In any event French symbolism drew heavily of the legends of troy etc in the 1600's depicting a battle with a UFO

Jazzcoins Joe

Attached Files:

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Spock:
    Admit it!
    These were yours and you lost them on a visit with Jim in the 1930's, I remember that episode!

15. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

You yourself just described it as a 'celestial shield'. That obviously implies the blessing and protection of the gods. It seems to me like you're just trying to shoehorn UFO's into other contexts. I'm pretty sure that the object on the Jules Verne coin is the Nautilus.

I'm personally open to life outside Earth, I believe it inevitable. But I also think that they have better things to do than literally peep into our windows. Non-human intelligent life is a VERY big thing, and accordingly requires very big proof.

16. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

I totally disagree with you don't humans have interest in other forms of life just on our earth alone ,we are inteligent beings to the lower forms of life and we peep into there windows .
    (The vast oceans for one they are alien to us. )

I would think to the out siders we may be interesting species to them to be honest with you , pretty messed up species I'm embaressed to be A HUMAN BEING. I DONT WANT TO TAKE THE THREAD OUT OF CONTEXT LIKE I SAID EARLIER IT'S A COIN CHAT FORUM Oh and the shield is protection against the UFO I left that out

jazz

Attached Files:

17. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

i don't think the real experts are puzzled. The whole explanation of the first and third "coins" can be found here http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_7.htm (in Italian). I say "coins" because they are really more like tokens than legal tender. They are French, by the way. The "UFO" is actually the Ancile, the sacred shield sent from Giove to the king of Rome Numa Pompilio to protect the city from the lightning of heaven and assure that it becomes the leading city of the world.

18. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

There are still puzzled, there are so many different interpertations about these coins and nobody can't give the true meaning what these coins represented by the artists who made these, in those times just like the drawings of these objects in caves it's all related

I can reassure you they are UFo's depicted on them,and the site you posted is in Italian so what the heck were you reading I don't know how to read pizza words even thow I'm a full bred Italian..

I just want to say these objects probably have been in our skys since the begining of human life

There is a reason for these objects in the sky and who knows when the real truth would come out it may be sooner than you think Jazz

19. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I was joking about, and dont beleive that pic is real. but that being said, Until its proven one way or the other i cant say if it is or isnt real. (unless it has already been prooven a fake, I hadent fallowed to story passed when CNN anounced that press conference)

20. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Jazz, what are all of the posibilities of whats on the coin in your sig.

21. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

They're foil covered chocolate coins not yet stamped with a design.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.