Strange and disturbing.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Mark68, Sep 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I'm all about you being you, and me being me, and I'm below average as far as reading people and what they're saying, so if I've offended you with my opinion, i apologize. Not my intention. And i had no idea what it meant either, till i saw the attached. Then i felt the message was abhorrent, and should be destroyed IN MY OPINION. That's all. You have yours, and I'm behind you having yours 100%.
    This just reminds me to stay away from threads i haven't started. Have a good weekend everyone!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Oh, yikes.

expat and Insider like this.
  4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Eloquently exclaimed, M'Lord:)

5. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

CoinJockey73, posted: "I'm all about you being you, and me being me, and I'm below average as far as reading people and what they're saying, so if I've offended you with my opinion, i apologize. Not my intention. And i had no idea what it meant either, till i saw the attached. Then i felt the message was abhorrent, and should be destroyed IN MY OPINION. That's all. You have yours, and I'm behind you having yours 100%.
    This just reminds me to stay away from threads i haven't started. Have a good weekend everyone!"

:facepalm::jawdrop::rolleyes:o_O You did not offend me! You are entitled to post what you believe. You are one of the members who thinks a simple c/s quarter is abhorrent and should be destroyed. I understand completely. At one time folks were offended by those of the Gay persuasion. Now Boys that like Boys; Girls that like Girls; Boys and Girls that like everyone; and Boys and Girls who don't have a clue are accepted as perfectly normal. Who knows how child molesters will fare in the future. Get my drift?

I can disagree with the lifestyle of others but rather than get my pants into a wad I feel sorry for them and their victims. I also feel sorry for those folks much better than me :troll: who get offended over ANYTHING/EVERVTHING!

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I'm actually rarely offended, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart (anyone?), and I'm not suggesting to destroy the simple quarter, just drill out the message. I'm pretty sure a coke machine will still accept it.

Insider likes this.
  7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not sure I do, because what it sounds like is that you're drawing an equivalence between activities between consenting adults and activities done to a child too young to consent.

Trish, AdamL and masterswimmer like this.
  8. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

YYYUUUKKKKK! Never will understand how anyone can be so disgustedly sick!!! They damage kids forever!!!!!

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm sooooo on board with @-jeffB . I also don't get your drift. There is no time, past, present, or future, that an adult, under ANY circumstance will be accepted by me or society for child molestation.....EVER! Your comparison that times change and we don't know what the future holds is like comparing lithium batteries to a wool sweater. Absurd.

Nyatii and AdamL like this.
  10. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I would neither want to possess that, nor return it to circulation. There are plenty of options for disposal or destruction of it.

11. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

jeffB, posted: "I'm not sure I do, because what it sounds like is that you're drawing an equivalence between activities between consenting adults and activities done to a child too young to consent."

:oops::sorry: THAT IS A VERY GOOD POINT that I did not consider since most of the children are not of age to consent. What I would do to those "animals" cannot be posted! Nevertheless, offended, horrified, etc or a c/s quarter just leaves me "cold." Vengeful :rage: to the person but not the coin is what I feel.

masterswimmer likes this.
  12. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

The ancient Romans and Greeks, along with a lot of other cultures would disagree. Your "ever" statement is patently untrue.

Of course in modern culture and morals its outrageous and disgusting idea. Just be careful putting "ever" on a board filled with experts in other cultures. They were not immoral, just had different morals than our judeo-christian ones.

Lueds, Insider and J.T. Parker like this.
  13. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I would want to somehow destroy it. I read the FBI report, and I don't see that putting such markings on a coin constitutes history as some have said. It simply indicates sexual preference. As has been mentioned, doing nothing, and then having a relative come across it after you pass can send a message you don't want.

14. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Yes…destroy; smash then bury or drop down a deep crevice.

15. masterswimmer

You say I shouldn't use 'ever' on a board filled with 'experts'. Your definition of 'experts' appears to include an assessment of ancient morals. Just because the ancients perpetrated those reprehensible acts upon unconsenting children with regularity does not, under any circumstance, make them less immoral and disgusting. You 'experts' might know the ancient coin market, but by no means whatsoever does that make you an expert on morals. Don't conflate the two.

AdamL likes this.
  16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Turn it over to your local law enforcement agency for training purposes. A very educational post, thank you.

Insider likes this.
  17. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

If you are going to keep it, print out the FBI information and make sure it is attached to the coin.

Mkm5 likes this.
  18. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

So now, with Judaism Christian morals, believe you are morally superior to those with different moral codes in other cultures or thousands of years ago. I bet you would get along very well with Taka Mata, if a person does not believe in every single thing exactly the way you feel about it, they deserve to burn.

Do not conflate religious dogma with morals either.

Btw, just for the record, I find the symbol reprehensible myself. Not defending it, and thought my previous posts said that. However, if a culture or an era does not believe every single thing exactly the way you believe does not make them reprehensible human beings. Everyone in a society collectively forms morals, and they can change. Just like you wish to judge ancient people, there are a TON of things they would judge you as disgusting that you do every day.

Btw, making fun of people for having knowledge by saying "experts" was fun in the 8th grade for jocks to make fun of those smarter than themselves, huh? Yeah, make fun of knowledge if it hurts your feelings.

John Skelton and J.T. Parker like this.
  19. RD302

RD302 Member

Wow, I things I learn on this site.

Insider likes this.
  20. masterswimmer

When a child is sexually assaulted, yes assaulted, not willingly engaging in, non consensual sex, it is a crime against that child. I don't care what time in history it occurred. When another human being has no say in the matter it is now and always a crime against humanity.

Judeo-Christian morals have no bearing or influence on superiority. If a society or culture subscribes to that reprehensible act of aggression towards a child then that absolutely, 100% puts them in a barbaric category. Yes, even if it's their collective society. And if they change as you say, or evolve, then it adds another level of proof or justification for calling their abandoned moral code disgusting and reprehensible. They apparently agreed or there would be no reason to change.

And the reason for the quotes surrounding expert was because you described those collectors of ancients as experts, as if their knowledge of coins puts them in a category to call themselves experts on all things related to that genre. Including morals. That's laughable.

21. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Deleted comment.
    This thread sucks.
    And should be closed down as the conversation is no longer about coins.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    masterswimmer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.