Strange 2006 Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Mirza Beck, May 6, 2015.

1. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Hello Friends, as a cashier I come across a lot a money.And...when I touched this dollar bill ...it just dident feel right. I brougth the dollar bill and took some pictures and more strange things showed up.
    I am not a Expert. Again, the paper does not feel like cotton or linen that its suppose to.
    And there is some sort of doubling in paper in certain areas,as well.
    Like if two papers were over laping. The Triangles are also not visible to the naked Eye (but) the Nikkon at 3 megapixel picked up these Triangles nicely.

What do they mean...

The dollar to my experience is Real US mint. But, its not the regular Paper or Linen used to print dollar bills. Why? How could this have happened?
    Has anyone found anything of the sort. The heavy Darkish Print caught my attention comapred to other bills of the age (2006). I let 3 customers compare and touch the bill and (all) it does not feel or look normal. Did I find a Million Dollar bill?

Is this some-sort of exceptionally RARE Error by the US mint?

Right on top of Washintons hair line shows another paper additon of somesort, closeup provided. A US paper currency DDO? A first...? Please has anyone seen or heard of 2 papers on any US currency at all?

Appreaciate your views advise, is this worth sending in for authentication?

God Bless
    Beck
    PS: Need more pic? Please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's seen a lot of circulation. The "triangles" you say are not visible to the eye are simply folds, as are the overlapping areas. It's a dollar note, nothing more, nothing less. Send it back into the wild.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Someone folded the bill to create a design (eg a swan or what ever).

spend it

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Thanks, T. I couldn't think of it til your post. Origami.

6. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Origami note sprayed with something to help keep its shape. That substance probably altered the feel of the note.

7. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Alright Ok Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted