Strange 1997-P Lincoln Cent Bowtie Oddity

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MCPark82, Jul 16, 2019.

1. MCPark82

MCPark82 Active Member

I don’t see this listed on Wexler, but I’m pretty sure it’s not PMD because the lines appear to be perfectly straight and connected to the line coming down off Lincolns neck and onto his bow tie... anyone know anything about what this might be?
    Ear close up just because... I know this isn’t a double ear variety.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Why don't you ask *i2i*? He's smarter than everyone!

Chris

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Bobs Tavern Arm...I'm sure he will tell you all about how that 1997 is clashed with an 1885 IHC. He will use lots of arrows and close up images to prove it too :p

Santinidollar, MCPark82 and Autoturf like this.
  5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

PMD not that strange. they don't list it in Wexler.

MCPark82 likes this.
  6. MCPark82

MCPark82 Active Member

Most varieties in numismatics don’t seem “that strange” to me lol... some things that seem to fetch a small fortune over the least notable irregularities

Autoturf likes this.
  7. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Lol yea, I see some stuff, im like "I would not pay that" Just a broken die lol, Ill give you half price!!

MCPark82 likes this.
  8. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Are they actually selling for those prices or offered for this prices? Big difference.

MCPark82 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I believe his account has been deleted.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

That looks like a linear plating blister to my tired eyes. I was mowing today and even clear photos look blurry. It also has a scratch on the bow tie. Both are common and worthless.

MCPark82 likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Best thing I've heard all day.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

I'll can't argue with that.

13. That bow tie looks like a clip on. :) Probably PMD though. TC

MCPark82 likes this.
  14. MCPark82

MCPark82 Active Member

Well I only watch one YouTube personality regarding coins and that’s blueridgesilverhound. I believe he’s a community member on this site because he’s constantly talking about how great and helpful the community is here, tho admittedly I’ve never noticed his name (assuming he uses the same handle for this site... I believe his real name is Shawn) on any posts. But he’s always showing completed eBay listings or big time coin auctions where coins are actually selling for huge money. A lot of times it’s based purely on condition... top grades and such, but half the time it’s about some sort of variety coin and usually they’re not anything that looks too interesting. A lot of them are things I feel like you guys would reject if they were posted up here, but it seems to me that (from what I’ve heard Shawn saying) that there’s a lot of people who have gotten into numismatics in the last year and a lot of things have been selling for quite a bit of money relative to what they are... for instance mechanical doubling or the “floating head” 2019 Cent.

Draft saved Draft deleted