Strange 1953 Lincoln Wheat Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by JPStunna, Jul 28, 2011.

1. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I watched your video and you can clearly see that the plating is wearing off the edge. This coin is obviously plated, no other answer. Whether it was done in a science class, somebody's home workshop or somewhere else is irrelevant, it is just a nickel plated cent. The fact that many are dated 1953 may or may not be relevant. That may have just been a common year to find in circulation at the time it was done. I did notice that yours is not a D mint though, it is a Philadelphia coin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Penny143

Penny143 New Member

Hence why i would never post a question to these forums!!! You people are so rude and make the one who have had a life outside of coins feel very uncomfortable and your responses are insulting, regardless of how tactful you think your being!!! You should not feel proud of how you choose to answer and educate those who are only trying to learn about a treasure they have found. You not only take the fun from the experience but you take the desire out of learning about a new found hobby. You should trade in one of your coin courses for a people skills class, it would do all of you regulars some good!!

Cheech9712 and Hobbit90 like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

milkcookies.jpg
    Here you go.. Hope this makes you feel better!

352sdeer, Dynoking and coinsareus10 like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'll guess you are back with a new user name. Didn't get the answers you wanted the first time?

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Brilliant! Well, except for the fact that you, in your rush to be the very thing you're trying to condemn others of, failed to actually address what it is you found so offensive. After all, this thread goes back SIX YEARS and, of course, we horrid individuals all can read your mind. Perhaps we're not the only ones in need of a "skills class", or in your case, a "class" on the obvious.

Stevearino likes this.
  7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

40 year old woman...nah...12 year old boy...uh...I apologize to 12 year old boys.

9. David Setree Rare Coins

Darn. SIX years. It got me again. ;-(

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Hey... for what it's worth, I'd bet the OP coin is still plated. ;)

Seriously though, and on the bright side, considering that this thread has been bumped at least seven different times over the years, people are finding it and hopefully learn something from it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Daniel Carlsen

Daniel Carlsen New Member

I have a Gold plated 1942 D penny in a black 2 x 2 cardboard with a pull tab on the right side. Nice coin.

12. David Setree Rare Coins

I thought they outlawed pull-tabs 25 years ago.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Kentucky

show us a picture

14. Daniel Carlsen

Tried but my light dose not show up and cleariity

15. Kentucky

Any actual gold plated cent is worth a cent, if a merchant would accept it.

16. Daniel Carlsen

I took photos and had them up on the post but they are not showing up here Why?

17. Kentucky

try again

18. Daniel Carlsen

Attached Files:

19. Kentucky

Looks copper to me.

20. Hobbit90

Hobbit90 New Member

I just joined today, I was given my fathers old coins, I was very young went I use to set with him and sort them, I'm 62 now and his silver 1953 was from back then, he wasn't sure about it being real, well I too just read these post and thought the same thing you thought, these people are RUDE, I'm off here already, better ways to few coins on line than to put up with Rudeness.

21. Kentucky

Excellent, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Draft saved Draft deleted