Storing "non-collector" Morgans

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by thejaxcollector, Mar 1, 2013.

1. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

As a first-year collector of slabbed Morgans, I've also found myself picking up the odd raw Morgan (my way of building a silver stash?) as opportunities arise. However, I can't stand the thought of keeping them in a stack/box where they would be rubbing against each other. I would love to learn of any cheap, long-term storage methods others might be using, or or for someone to just tell me I'm being silly. Thanks in advance for your guidance. :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

2 by 2 flips (inert, mylar) are extremely inexpensive and economicial, from both a budgetary and space-saving standpoint. they stack side by side or on top of each other nicely. and you can store two, for every one flip. I use them for bullion, for some reason. I can see why you're a little more picky about your Morgans, and you should be.

4. petro89

petro89 Member

Send 'em to me...I'll store them for you ;)

Yep, flips or cardboars holders. Or if you use airtites for your better coins, save the middles of the black ring once you pop the ring out and use those as spacers between the coins and put them in plastic rolls.

5. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

That's a good idea, with the foam. Never thought of that.

6. thejaxcollector

Thanks to all. Great ideas from a great forum. petro69: if I get tired of holding them, I'll keep you in mind. :)

7. thejaxcollector

Saw your location. Went to Nuke prototype in that location many years ago. Nice country as I remember.

8. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

The cull Morgans can be tossed around since they're basically considered junk silver.

9. gubni

gubni Active Member

Roll them in paper rolls.

Draft saved Draft deleted