Storage

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Michael P Maroney, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Michael P Maroney

Michael P Maroney New Member

Being new I am at a dilemma on how to store my coins. 2x2 Mylars, snaps, capsules? I find information on them and different opinions but I was wondering what the general consensus is on storing a coin. What do you all use? If it is capsules, at what value does the coin need to be or should be?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I find this subject a personal one.....and as a collector of over 50 years...Ive about tried it all.
    You name it Ive tried it....on different series.
    I like flip for larger coins, and 1x1 for smaller coins dimes half dimes, I also use the 1x1 flips.
    I have danscos my Franklin, Roosvelt,and Jeffersons are in a dansco set #1 raw
    I use airtights on my IHC.
    I also have a complete set of Jeffersons in [ kointains.] 1x1 flips, stored in plastic pages in a binder.
    Wizard coins of Virgina a very good company to deal with and they carry everything.

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/?u...mpaign=DisplayRemarketing&utm_content=336x280

4. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

Really hard to make suggestions for you without knowing what coins we are taking about. But personally, I collect sets and use albums for most. I have slabbed coins if they are expensive/graded and a few air tights. My “junk” is in tubes.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. Michael P Maroney

Michael P Maroney New Member

This is what I was looking for, I am putting together sets too all this helps!

6. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

people here generally recommend Dansco for sets, I personally like Whitman for the look of it. Both work great in my opinion and I have had no problems. I keep coins up to $300 in albums.

7. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

If you have several (50+) coins, especially foreign or ancients, I would
    recommend buying Kointanes and some 4x4 plastic flips. The Kointanes
    come in a variety of sizes, no threat of PVC contamination. Place the coin
    in the appropriate Kointane then into the plastic flip. On a paper insert
    you can write all of the pertinent info about the coin. There are nice
    single row boxes to store the collection in. Hope this helps.
    https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/ They should have everything you need.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted