Storage trays and box

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mammothtooth, May 20, 2022.

1. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Please recommend a storage tray system that you use. I was looking at the red felt trays that hold about 20 coins per tray. I would display them loose in the tray slot or use capsules.

Please show me what you use that is portable.

Regards,
    Rich

expat and Inspector43 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I store mine in 2X2's and 3 Ring Binders. Each coin has a number and an associated data page with picture of my coin, the coin I used as a reference and published data. These are in sheet protectors and placed in another 3 Ring Binder.
    IMG_6045.JPG IMG_6125.JPG IMG_6048.JPG

Mammothtooth, ominus1 and expat like this.
  4. Mammothtooth

I like that and very organized

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I have trays similar to those you alluded to, but they hold 16 per tray, 4 trays to a unit and the units are stackable. Each compartment is deep enough for a coin capsule.
    Also i have 25 albums that have 10 pages holding 6 flips per page. You can see the size in the pic, if you lay out 6 flips as shown and add 1/2 inch each way, you will see they don't take too much room, and will sit quite nicely on a bookshelf.
    Records are kept on a thumb drive by a ref no for each page or tray and a description of each piece including attribution references for varieties, errors and VAM numbers.
    20220520_200711 (2).jpg 20220520_195919 (2).jpg 20220520_200018 (2).jpg

ominus1 and Inspector43 like this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

7. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Can't say I have any "single" method of storage/display.. for 2x2s i have 3-4 small albums much like the one expat posted, and classic red 2x2 boxes but in the near future I plan to upgrade those to cases similar to what I use for my slabbed coins as they make 2x2 cases as well...
    For my slabs I use nothing less then Ursae Minoris storage cases.. decent price and extremely well made (plastic coated aluminum vs foil covered plastic most are made of)
    of course I still have a few old pcgs/ngc type boxes kicking around but not for much longer.. :D
    PS they also make cases with "display trays" similar to expat's as well..
    a link to little bear colletables ebay store... https://www.ebay.com/str/lilbearcollectibles
    20220520_160507.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  8. Mammothtooth

Thanks alot

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted