Storage Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by therocktjb, Feb 11, 2013.

1. therocktjb

therocktjb Wait, what**

I'm looking into doing a bulk order of supplies. I'm running low on a few of my individual coin supplies, and I try to do some bulk ordering if I can. What I'm specifically looking for input on are tubes. I personally prefer the look and storage ability of Square Tubes (admittedly I have slight OCD) over the round ones. I get them for usually $40 per box of 100 from my LCS, and while it is a bit more than what is online, I love my LCS, and like to support my local shops more so than faceless online retailers. Not to mention, that I can usually walk away with some decent discount prices on coins I'm buying. With that said though, I'm also feeling my pocket book getting lighter, and need to save some money where I can. so I'm doing an online order.

What are your opinions on Numis Square Tubes and Coin Safe Square Tubes? There is only a .02 difference in price individually, and a $3.00 price difference per box of 100 online.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BriannaCG

BriannaCG Member

Glad I came across this post. They are both square tubes and that is where the similarities end. Haha.

Numis tubes are softer, still archival but they do have a cheaper feel. They've been around for ages and a lot of people keep with these tubes for conformity.

I prefer the Coin Safe tubes. Study, completely unbreakable - they will last forever and you can feel the quality. The lid's have a double snap closure, you can store them in the rolls if you like, they stack vertically and horizontally.

Albeit, I now work for CoinSafe, haha, but I used to work for one of the biggest wholesale coin suppliers in the US and I went out there and tested product all the time. I was jokingly called the "Coin Supply Guru" and know what is good - and Coin Safe Tubes are it!

4. therocktjb

therocktjb Wait, what**

So then you can get me a discount :p

5. BriannaCG

BriannaCG Member

We don't sell to the public, or even to retailers, but I can point you in the direction of someone who can give you a great price or discount...!

6. therocktjb

therocktjb Wait, what**

I was just saying that jokingly, but thanks for the offer of pointing me somewhere.

7. BriannaCG

BriannaCG Member

I could tell you were kidding butttt the offer stands. I know many of the web retailers and am familiar with their pricing, etc. : )

Draft saved Draft deleted