Stop the bickering

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cheech9712, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I've been a member for almost 2 years. Yeah I'm a troll. I read all daily posts and try to learn and ask civil questions. I can be alittle on the condescending side. Say my piece and apologise if i was to strong. What I'm seeing on coin talk is some members distroying the original thread with bickering and endless back an forth. senseless dissagreements. Some of these are long time members. I think they Should know better. I also see that certain members also answer all daily threads and nit pick once again. I really love coin talk. But i think these moderators give a warning then take action. Can't we all see that this is really so immature. And were all 60ish. (in hinsight) say your piece and leave it at that. Kinda hard to tell someone with 10,000 likes to grow up. I'm so upset with condescending remarks and big word of these know alls flexing their oppinions until we all leave the thread. Just cuz they won't stop. I'm no angel but for god sakes. Lighten up. We all love one another. So lets all be non-haters. Sorry members but like i said i read all daily threads and this I'm right oppions only has to be mention once to get your point across. When you start beating a dead horse. You show your my oppion is all that matters. Please help us all here. You all know when this happens. Don't join in. Leave and DON'T POKE THE BEAR. GO BRUINS

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

I've been a member for almost 2 years. Yeah I'm a troll. I read all daily posts and try to learn and ask civil questions. I can be alittle on the condescending side. Say my piece and apologise if i was to strong. What I'm seeing on coin talk is some members distroying the original thread with bickering and endless back an forth. senseless dissagreements. Some of these are long time members. I think they Should know better. I also see that certain members also answer all daily threads and nit pick once again. I really love coin talk. But i think these moderators give a warning then take action. Can't we all see that this is really so immature. And were all 60ish. (in hinsight) say your piece and leave it at that. Kinda hard to tell someone with 10,000 likes to grow up. I'm so upset with condescending remarks and big word of these know alls flexing their oppinions until we all leave the thread. Just cuz they won't stop. I'm no angel but for god sakes. Lighten up. We all love one another. So lets all be non-haters. Sorry members but like i said i read all daily threads and this. I 'm right oppions only has to be mention once to get your point. When you start beating a dead horse. You show your my oppion is all that matters. Please help us all here. You all know when this happens. Don't join in. Leave and DON'T POKE THE BEAR. GO BRUINS. Please. I don't mean to be hurtful. I think thing could be more enjoyable on coin talk.

Dynoking, sidestick, tmeyer and 2 others like this.
  4. Cheech9712

@V. Kurt Bellman. I love me some kurt. He knows how to speak his mind. But he never leaves without you knowing it's only his oppinion and he almost respects yours.

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

6. Cheech9712

Thanks. Rick I'm at my wits end with some of these threads. You have all my respects

7. Cheech9712

Oh. Love me some paddyman and kentucky and others. You can see there love for coin talk. Just in there posts. Hats off!!!

paddyman98 and Kentucky like this.
  8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

As one who bickers, I realize in hindsight that sometimes the bickering is unwarranted. Sometimes it is an actual debate, and a disagreement with points and counterpoints - these threads are entertaining, informative, and useful.

However, I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I dive into the muck and wallow in the mud. I like to be right, and if I think I'm right I'll argue until you quit or concede. That's not the best way to make friends, or convince people.

So, to anyone that I've offended, or to anyone who has had to put up with my muck-throwing, I apologize.

9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I'm from a earlier time of life then most folks here .
    I grew up with music like this .

Not all the issues people have today .

SmokinJoe, John Skelton and halfabuck like this.
  10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Cheech, as one who is frequently involved in the bickering myself, I apologize to the forum. I like to be right, and I'll argue until you quit or concede. That's not the right way, and it won't convince anyone or win threads.

Sometimes, the argument is useful - there is value in debate, and when both sides present relevant arguments backed up by facts, we can share ideas. These threads may seem contentious to some, but they are often entertaining, interesting, and informative to all. However, these threads are few compared to the petty squawking you describe.

So, to all who have had to withstand my bickering - I apologize. I realize in hindsight that I have been involved in many of these sorts of threads, and I can do better. I really love to argue, and I don't often consider the consequences of those sorts of squabbles. I can think of several currently active threads where this sort of behavior has occurred - and as a long-time member of these forums, I should do a better job of preventing this behavior, or avoiding it if I can.

While you may be a self-proclaimed troll, cheech, I find your honesty and forthrightness refreshing. Please call me out any time I step over the line! (but beware, if I think you're wrong, I'll argue back ;) )

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Cheech:

You are not a troll! Not by any means.

sidestick and TypeCoin971793 like this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Pot, meet kettle.

Still, it's part of your charm.

SmokinJoe and Kentucky like this.
  13. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I also love a good discussion (argument) as long as it has a point. I agree with the OP some posts are simply trolls being mean to someone else on the internet. Those I find disgusting. My modus operandi is always if I am right I am right, if I am wrong I learned something today. Win win. If I am wrong, I am perfectly fine being told so, and WHY. If you say why, great, I get a chance to prove myself or at least explain my reasoning.

Btw physics fan, I have never seen you post anything worthy of apologizing for. I always look forward to your posts, along with a great many posters here. Most of us are here to help and learn.

imrich likes this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

@Cheech9712 thank you for your kind words. Being an old traf, I do tend to snap at people sometimes, but being a scientist, I remember a friend who pointed out that being a real scientist meant thanking people when they prove you wrong, because then you have learned something.

15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If only everyone was a scientist..... ;)

sidestick, Stork, Insider and 2 others like this.
  16. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

To be honest, I don't have the time to troll. I'm only on a couple of hours each night if that. But I do understand what you mean. I usually don't get involved in long winded threads. We all come from different walks in life. None of know what others have suffered at times and come here to unload. At my age I've learned to have so much more patience than when I was younger. BUT, there is only one person here that gets my goat. He does troll and usually and probably 99% of the time has not much good to say about anyone else's collecting habits. He is well educated but is just downright miserable. He does not care who he offends and does it all the time. He should know better at his age. I used to feel bad about his health conditions but no more. This is certainly not the place for him to be. But that is him and I much more prefer to be me. When I have been wrong I admit it, apologize and move on. It's just that easy. Life is simply too short.

17. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean brother @tommyc03 LOL
    Dave

MacStexas, Cheech9712 and tommyc03 like this.
  18. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I wonder if that's the 1 and only person I have on “Ignore”

Cheech9712 likes this.
  19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Put down the bottle.......Sorry. Spelling and grammar compels me to interject........

mlov43, Numismat and Cheech9712 like this.
  20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And no, I still refuse to marry you...............

Randy Abercrombie and Kentucky like this.
  21. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted