Featured Stolen Collection - Community's Help Needed

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by funkee, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Sorry about the incident. Yes, please come up with a list and you can easily notify and email a lot of pawn shops, coin shops and can accomplish a lot thru email.

PM me your email address and I'll be more than welcome to spread your stolen coins here in West Covina as there are several shops here as well. We all might think that your coins might make this far, but nobody knows. All we have to do is more diligence and notify business that there are bad merchandise coming their way and they too have to be warned. You take care..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Sorry to hear this funkee, best of luck with your recovery.

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

he does not collect coins he collects currency/bills

5. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Aw man, Funkee, that really sucks. So sorry you've been put through this. I'll cross-post this to papermoneyforum.com if someone hasn't already.

SteveInTampa and NOS like this.
  6. paveltul

paveltul Member

perhaps put another flash drive at your bank's safety deposit box?

spirityoda likes this.
  7. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Funkee, if you've posted pics on this forum of any of the stolen material you might be able to compile those as evidence or at least representations that other collectors and dealers can look out for.

8. Len Giggity

Len Giggity New Member

My blood boils to hear about this. I got that same $2 dollar red seal note. Post an address and i'll send/give it to you. Hope they catch the scum. A coin friend from Detroit, Michigan.

edited - no, don't post your address here, but you can contact the gentleman by PM if you wish

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
    spirityoda likes this.
  9. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

Did you show them to anyone or put them on display at a coin show?

10. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I've been through this, but you are actually in a better situation. The reason? My coins could be separated from their serial numbers, and were, which your bills cannot.

Thieves desperate enough to redeem the currency for face value so as to evade prosecution will not hesitate do so. Therefore, I recommend you submit your list to a banking organization which might distribute to its member banks in order that tellers may check against the serial numbers of any unusual bills they accept through the window.

lordmarcovan and Clawcoins like this.
  11. Len Giggity

Len Giggity New Member

sorry..i'm learning the rules. also,meant to say $1 red seal note.

12. Patrick Jarosz

Patrick Jarosz New Member

That really sucks man. I really hope you find everything that belonged to you. I can only imagine how devastated I would be if someone stole my collection and other important belongings. Best of luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted