Statehood Quarter Silver Proofs Complete Set

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Tater, May 3, 2021.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I am trying to determine the value of a a dansco with all of the statehood quarters and territories in silver proof strike. Not sure what the set is worth. My guess melt plus some premium. Are the 1999's worth more and if so how much?

Eric the Red likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

4. ddddd

ddddd Member

The premium has really fallen over the years. At the peak, the 1999 silver proof set was well over $300. Nowadays the set is $50-$70 (that includes all the coins, not just the quarters).

The set @Evan Saltis linked is a good example. Another sold for $375 recently on eBay (although that one include silver proofs, clad proofs, and business strikes).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3633731027...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If selling at a local coin store, I would guess the dealer would pay melt (maybe a slight premium). If selling to another collector, you should be able to do better. If buying, I'd aim to get them for a small premium to melt (it might be cheaper to assemble on your own unless you catch a fortunate auction for the set in the album).

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

thank you

ddddd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted