State Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Robert91791, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I wanted to start another thread regarding state quarters. I just inherited 80 rolls of state quarters from an old friend. I have been volunteering to take him out on weekends for the last 2 years but unfortunately he had to moved into a retirement home. I have gotten to know him well and his collection. I will be keeping them all as a sentimental value and it will take me some time to go thru all of them. He's on Channel 2 CBS titled "WWII Vet Celebrates 99th B-Day at Donut Shop". Google it and Im sitting next to him.

Happy collecting folks 1561788146431-285967999.jpg

Clawcoins, Endeavor, Nyatii and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I assume that they were all found in circulation. Finding anything of value would be like hitting the lottery.

Chris

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Robert91791

Yes, all circulated. Just face value

5. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

I watched and there was a beautiful Asian girl next to him. I'm guessing that isn't you?

Robert91791 likes this.
  6. Robert91791

There is another video.

Nyatii likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh could I have fun with this one, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut....... devil.gif

Nyatii likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Nice of you to aid an old vet. Thank you Robert.

Robert91791 likes this.
  9. Robert91791

What I have learned is that seniors need help and some level of engagement with anyone. So if any of you meet a senior citizen, please stop to say hi and greet them. Volunteer any of your time if you can. Blessings to everyone.

Nyatii likes this.
  10. Robert91791

He gave me other coins as well, but he has taught me a lot of experience and lessons in life that is worth a lot more than any money can buy. Relationship as a friend.

Nyatii likes this.
  11. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I appreciate the time involved in collecting those 82ish rolls of common quarters.
    If you deposited those and bought a nice gold piece from the year he was born that would be a nice way to keep the sentimental feelings.

Robert91791 likes this.
  12. Robert91791

Unfortunately, gold price is at a premium. Great idea. With all his several thousand pieces of morgans and thousand pieces of green backs, he never owned gold coins or bullions.

13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thanks for rolling it back a tad

Robert91791 likes this.
  14. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted