State and Women Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Sure, Hugh Hefner on the obverse and Barbi Benton (young head version) on the reverse.

5. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

I feel like the next quarter design should be something that doesn’t honor people because of their gender. If these accomplished women happened to be born as men, but did the same exact things, they would not even be considered for the design of a quarter series.

IMO people should be honored solely for the magnitude of their accomplishments. Gender should not play any part in whether we honor certain people over others. Everyone should be treated as a person, not female or male.

I completely support a quarter series depicting entrepreneurs of both genders. The people should be selected based on how significantly they inlfuenced their field and gender should be left out of the equation.

All of this is opinionated so please don’t get upset if you disagree. Infact, I’d be happy to get some conflicting opinions because I like hearing what other people have to say.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Spark1951, Nyatii and Noahqto like this.
  6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I see this derailing steeply. Women have historically not had the same opportunity as men. The fact that some of these women accomplished such great things, despite society telling them their place, makes the accomplishment more admirable than a man doing it. It’s easy for us men to sit back and decry this, but it’s because we don’t understand what it’s like to be marginalized in such a way.

7. longnine009

[​IMG]

On second thought, PC quarters forever are a great idea. They'll annoy cashless society edited like Tim Cook.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

maxresdefault.jpg

Spark1951 and longnine009 like this.
  9. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Maurice Chevalier sang, "Thank heavens for little girls, for little girls get bigger every day" in the movie, Gigi, and he is rumored to have coined the phrase, "Vive la différence," although I suspect that the phrase existed long before Maurice's birth. I happily maintain that I am from the old school who recognizes the differences in the sexes, and I must say that I enjoy looking at young women for what they are... women. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

10. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

Just take the time to follow a lady around during the day and see what the average lady has done during the day. Than rather than falling into your recliner at 5 or 6 in the evening, continue to follow the lady around in the evening while she is making the meals and cleaning up after dinner. Than follower her around while she places the garbage out, makes sure the children are ready for bed if you have children. Then follow her while she picks up the items that have been placed on the floors during the day by the activities of the family. Then follow her while she makes sure everything is ready for the family in the morning when they will be rushing off to work or school....well you get the idea...a women's work is NEVER done... and someone thinks Ladies should not be on coins...I think they should have a Lady on both sides of the coin and both sides should be the OBVERSE...and my Dog Bud agrees.

LA_Geezer and Seattlite86 like this.
  11. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Our money gets uglier by the day.

12. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

There are countries that had or have "gender equality" on their paper money, and I do not think there is anything wrong with that. But ... yet another 50+ coin series?

Christian

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  13. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

i7S7Mb1.gif :eek:

Bud1 Wilson, Nyatii and Seattlite86 like this.
  14. longnine009

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  15. Bud1 Wilson

Could that be from poor quality control Nyatii? I have noticed that the new dimes have some real issues.:rolleyes:

16. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Quality control is certainly a part of it, however in my eyes the general look of our coins and the fathead bills just don't do much for me. Not as classy, or stately if you will. But that's me.
    That might be the reason that I've never been asked to design anything. Ha!

17. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

You've just described my wonderful spouse perfectly; I don't know what I would have ever done without her.

18. Bud1 Wilson

Thanks Geezer...My wife spent three hours out in the 30 degree weather yesterday picking up twigs out of the yard and than came in and did all the hundred plus things that she doe's everyday, could be we married sisters.:rolleyes:

LA_Geezer likes this.
  19. Bud1 Wilson

I am sure your design would eclipse anything that has yet been minted..Good guys do good things. My dog Bud agrees.:)

Nyatii likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted