Star note madness!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dilly dollar, Apr 19, 2015.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

That's supposed to be there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Timing on this thread is funny...I came here to post my first $20 Star Note find! Only my second circulation star note at all (a $1 last year about this time). The note is a Series 2004A and is in not very good condition. Still works through the ATM, though.

20_dollar_starnote_2004A_small.jpg

Rob

4. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

The note is from a run of 3,200,000. Very common as star notes go. I'd spend it.

5. Teddydogno1

Yeah, I saw that when I checked it out. That's $63 MILLION dollars worth of star notes. That and the condition make it a spender, I'd say. But still fun to find. My wife thinks I'm nuts showing her serial numbers on bank notes.

Rob

6. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Whats the website where you find the run numbers by the serial number?

7. Teddydogno1

8. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is probably one of the cleanest $10 I've seen.

Endeavor likes this.
  9. techwriter

Normally I would not have sent this to be graded but it was the LAST one I needed to complete my Series 1995 District Star set; plus all others end with 032*; so I waited for this one. Many thanks to old friends Bob Reed (Louisiana) and Bob Azpiazu (Florida) for their assistance through the years.

[​IMG]

This $100 is one of those "found" notes, right from the bank.
    [​IMG]

Endeavor likes this.
  10. techwriter

After searching and looking I finally completed the $1 FRN Series 1995 Star set with each note ending 32*. I've several folks to thank who assisted me along the way--thanks all of you and you know who you are. Hope ya'll enjoy viewing as much I did collecting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

== No St. Louis, H district, printed ==

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SteveInTampa likes this.
  11. techwriter

Well, to be honest this note actually completes the 1995 series District star set, it is a DC printed star note; only one from there. Have to thank a nice friend for this.
    [​IMG]

12. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Anyone here able to find any 2013 $1 Star notes besides Dallas ?
    I was able to snag an uncirculated New York star, but there should be Atlanta, Chicago, and San Francisco out there also.

[​IMG]

13. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I just spent a $20 Star because it wasn't from a low-print run..I probably have about a dozen but never gave much thought to which denominations I don't see that often.. I just save them all initial and then if they're not in great shape or common I spend them

14. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Somebody in Numismatic News was selling CU San Fran star notes. BTW, for some odd reason, the BEP never reported printing any New York star notes. They have managed to find at least three print runs of stars.

Draft saved Draft deleted