Star Note, Low Print Run 320k

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Endeavor, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Jim Hatch

Jim Hatch Member

Usually we here in the US use the term star notes, but the rest of the World collectors call them replacement notes. I think it is mainly because of the use of the "*" which resembles a star. A lot of World replacement notes do not use the "*" .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

It is a star. An asterisk doesn't have a hole in the middle and 5 points.

4. LZB

LZB Member

I have picked up 83 * Notes the last couple years from ones to hundreds. My trick to finding them, is Las Vegas. Sometimes I get brand new ones from cashing out.
    Sometimes if the cashier is not busy, I ask them to look for them.

5. LZB

LZB Member

I have over 50 One Dollar * Notes. I would like to have one year, of all 12 National Banks. I have not yet looked at what I have and what I would need, but would you be interested in selling any that you have?
    I wont be back home until next Monday.
    I have not seen a * Note collection of all 12 National Banks from one year, I think that would be interesting.

6. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

These days, stars aren't generally printed for all banks in a single series.

The 2013 $1's have had stars printed for five districts so far. The 2009 $1's had nine (no C, E, or I) and the 2006 $1's had seven.

The last $1 series with stars for all twelve banks was Series 1981. Back then, the BEP always replaced defective notes with star notes on the same district, so they had to print stars for all districts. That requirement was relaxed in 1983; since then, the BEP tends to make larger star printings for just a few districts, instead of a bunch of small printings to cover all districts.

7. LZB

LZB Member

Thank you for that INFO, I would have tried the impossible.

8. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I actually find Star Notes all the time, I stopped saving them because I had so many. I also have access to a cash register a few times a week so I see a lot of them. Once I discovered that some bills were low-print runs I started saving them again but only kept the 320k and 640k runs and spent the rest unless they were in great shape and still crispy.

Also discovered I had this bill that appears to be from a 128k run.. so I got that going for me... $100-128k.jpg .

9. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

If you still have the H..* bill, you could sell it to the WG? guys. They love selling that stuff on their forums.

10. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

there are some 2009 st Louis notes that I guess weren't reported BEP and they ended up selling for almost $35 each...but spend away.

11. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

occasionally they end in the rolls and they are there when the roll is cracked. I have about $50 worth of Canadian quarters from searching sealed rolls.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted