Star note duplicate series questions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 707, Dec 27, 2020.

1. 707

707 Active Member

You guys will have to forgive me. I’m new and really don’t know anything. But I search my registers and for the last several weeks I have come across many many star notes. Today I found a couple more and realized I had several bills from the same series. It appears after looking them up that they say they are or may be duplicated in a different run??? It sounds pretty interesting. My brain tells me it would be a fun endeavor into finding more from this series and collecting them as I go. But I don’t know anything about this type of printing error. I’d be interested in hearing what people know and have to say about these bills.

All but the very bottom bill had a similar message.

092B39E9-4242-4FBE-9EDE-C0A48624DC93.jpeg FBC90A27-C77A-4C40-B5BE-9337EF646988.png 7397987C-5694-4356-A73D-E44A470E7C04.png

JPD3 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

707 likes this.
  4. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The same serial numbers were printed at DC and Fort Worth. This was a mistake. There is an online project that tries to pair them up. Steve In Tampa will know what it is.

707 likes this.
  5. 707

707 Active Member

Okay it just means that each one of those top 4 have a twin out there that was printed in a completely facility? That sounds pretty interesting. So it would appear these would be worth keeping and seeing if I can search out the pair?

sorry. I just know so little about paper money. I’m trying

6. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

How do I go about pairing them?

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

8. SteveInTampa

I also posted this on the duplicate thread.

2EDFC2F0-74DA-4B47-8B76-39BC7E78787D.jpeg

JPD3, 707 and Oldhoopster like this.
  9. 707

707 Active Member

That’s pretty cool. So it sounds like this was pretty interesting news when this happened. I’ll have to keep my eye out. I would love to pair these up

10. Mike Shaver

Mike Shaver New Member

How can I get a hold of Steve in Tampa ?

11. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

Any other duplicate number on the 2013 $1.00 star notes like D0070XX07* because I found a dollar and remembered about duplicate numbers ?

12. SteveInTampa

13. notehunter494

notehunter494 Member

Be careful new guys as this "same serial number on two notes" or "duplicate" listing has become a con against the new collector. It is a near impossibility to find that other note printed at the other facility, even with other collectors out there looking. And if/when you find someone with the other note who is going to buy who out to make hay of the whole deal. I just don't want to see folks paying $20 on the Bay for this pig in a poke

14. notehunter494

notehunter494 Member

Just want to make myself clear about the above. The project is Great, and the efforts have proved out as some pairs have been assembled. That said this is for bank searching and sequestering at face value. Do not pay $20 for one dollar notes on eBay in the hope of making a match.

Draft saved Draft deleted